HELP!!!! NEED SUM LOAD DATA ON 25-45!!!!!!

east tn_yote

Good evenin i was wonderin if anybody had any experience with cfe 223,varget,or h335 for 25-45 sharps!? I have 85 and 100 grain noslers. If anybody has any data with any powder i could use it would be deeply appreciated. Ill be shootin a 20 inch barrel as well!!! Thanks alot!!

I haven't shot those powders in mine but I just grab top end 6X45 load data and move up from there. Of course there's a huge thread over on ARFCOM about it and 25X223. Data will be the same as the 25X223 just has the neck trimmed back so they can shoot the real heavy bullets. Waste of time for your bullet weights but I suppose it works for them.

Sharps does have some good data on the H335 on their site that is for 87's to give you a start on a SWAG load.

Greg

Originally Posted By: east tn_yoteI preciate it.. My only concern of using the 6x45 data.. is knowing what max load is going to be. Especially for the 100 grainers i have!!

Due to expansion ratio increase of the 25 anything that is MAX in a 6X45 with same same bullet weights, given similar style bullets, will be safe in the 25X45.

That's why loading the 6X45 is so easy as we have all the data for MAX starting loads in the the 223 we use as close to top end 6X45. The variance is not all that great going from 223 to 6 to 25.

Remember that loading manuals are only guides and not carved in stone. Every variation from the EXACT test materiel and conditions will perform differently in your rifle. YOU determine what you are comfortable with. I've seen some loads here that I wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole and I'm sure others have seen me post up things they feel the same about.

Greg

Sooo given the instance...if sumone is loading for sum reason a 100 grain in a 6x45 and max load is 28 grains.....that would still be max load in the 25-45 with a 100 grain bullet or could i go a smidge beyond that!!??

Routinely one would expect to exceed the MAX 6X45 load. This is due to the larger cross-sectional area of the bigger bore and base of the bullet. Do the math and it is surprising how much the gas has more room to expand to. For a quick visual look at the variations in max on a 243, a 7-08 and a 308 shooting the same weight bullet. The only bugaboo on those kinds of comparison are making sure the operating pressures are the same. They tend to be pretty consistent given the same parent case with only s neck diameter variation.

Greg

Back