Looks Like We Been Missed

hm1996

Staff member
Anyone else get this email from Photobucket? My guess is they had no takers on their $400 "special".
lol.gif

Quote: Unlock your Photobucket images today with our new plan

We would like to offer a tailored plan for users just like you - our Premium plan for $119.99 / year.

The Premium plan will provide 3rd party hosting for non-commercial use on your forums, blogs, and personal websites*. Additionally, you will be able to store up to 300,000 photos.

I'm pretty happy W/Flickr now, how 'bout you?
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

IMGUR has been so much faster and easier without the pop up ads I can't stand the thought of going back for free! They did us a favor by running us off IMO!

If everyone hangs on for a couple more months I bet the price comes down even more, and then we hang on again and...... and.......

I am with IMGUR

Last edited:
After photobucket tried to rob me I changed to fotki. I've been much happier and photobucket would have to pay me to come back. And even then I don't think I'd change back. I hope it was worth it. I bet not!

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762SmugMug is the cat's meow!

I agree. I gave botophucket the axe years ago.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARIMGUR has been so much faster and easier without the pop up ads I can't stand the thought of going back for free! They did us a favor by running us off IMO!

In a nutshell.

Originally Posted By: Infidel 762After what they did they need to go belly up

mhm.

its amazing what losing 95% of your customers in 3 months will do to your perspective on pricing.

too bad they pissed off soo many people. i'm done with them.

[edit] last email i got from them was mid October when they sent me a $10 off coupon. and tried to sell me camera gear lol

Last edited:
Yep they are a joke!
So what happens to the pics we have stored there? Do I need to do anything or just forget photopuke exist?

Last edited:
I just left mine there. Let them store 'em.

Went back a couple of weeks ago looking for a particular picture that I wanted bad enough to wade through 16 ads, and saved it to my computer. I'm amazed that their advertisers pay them to use their ads in such a manner.

Regards,
hm

I haven't received the offer yet that I'm aware of. Haven't checked e-mail in a few days.

I can't imagine going back to Photobucket. For one thing, their site was so slow to operate that it took me forever to post a few photos, not to mention the ads. I had to wade through page after page of slow-loading photos to search. As well, their last site upgrade made it difficult to find the photo I wanted. The old system worked better with the thumbnails that just allowed continuously scrolling down the page. Made it easy to find a specific photo.

Photobucket shot itself in the foot when it decided to suddenly charge such an outrageous amount. Most of the people that left them aren't going back.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnoti really would like to see pb restore all the pictures. there were so many valuable, helpful pictures for all kinds of things posted all over the www.

That would be nice, but don't hold your breath. If they had come up with a reasonable offer to begin with, I suspect many would have stayed with them. Doubt they'll get any takers now.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnoti really would like to see pb restore all the pictures. there were so many valuable, helpful pictures for all kinds of things posted all over the www.

That would be nice, but don't hold your breath. If they had come up with a reasonable offer to begin with, I suspect many would have stayed with them. Doubt they'll get any takers now.

Regards,
hm

amen. that was my thought in the first place when they made the change. you done just pissed on 10 years of content people had created, then tried to extort massive $$ from them to keep it all there. had they done some kind of tiered plan, or offered a more affordable plan to being with they would have been fine. by going all-in customer rape to start, they ruined it.

i was (and had been for several years) a paying customer of theirs to be ad-free. i was due for renewall right when the change happened. i would have been more than happy to have to pay double the ad-free price i was paying.... but they got greedy. so i gave them the finger.

at this point, the pricing they're offering is about like apple offering deals on replacing your battery cheap now that they've had hundreds of lawsuits filed against them. too little, too late.

both company's threw a grenade in their customer trust bin, and now get to suffer the consequences.

Originally Posted By: hm1996Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnoti really would like to see pb restore all the pictures. there were so many valuable, helpful pictures for all kinds of things posted all over the www.

Regards,
hm

I would have stayed for a reasonable price. Instead I left all my pictures there and started recreating albums at Smugmug for about $40 a year. I like it and will stick with 'em.

Well, I too finally got the "special offer" from Photobucket. Their offer is good for 7 days only it seems. Guess I don't have time to accept the offer so I will just ignore that good deal and continue with Flikr. They have been bombarding me with e-mail specials of one thing and another lately.

wonder why some guys are getting offers and others are not. i have never heard a thing from pb since the lockdown. i would not use them again if they paid me to host my pictures there.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotwonder why some guys are getting offers and others are not. i have never heard a thing from pb since the lockdown. i would not use them again if they paid me to host my pictures there.

That's a good question, Slick. I was one of the first to get cut off if that has anything to do with anything. I had also purchased a few canvas prints from them over the years so maybe they thought that meant something??? Started to block their email but decided I'd rather watch them squirm. They done did unmentionable things to their mess kit as far as I'm concerned.

Regards,
hm

Back