Berger 200 20X in 300 Win Magnum

ninehorses

After some research, I decided to try the new 200's in my Sendaro. H1000 with W-W brass, Federal 215 primer. With no published data, I started at 73.0 grains and worked up to 79.0 with no pressure signs. The 79.0 three shot group had a velocity of 3010 average. Accuracy has been getting better the higher the charge, the 78.0 and the 79.0 were around 3/4". I have loaded some more loads at 79.0 and 79.5, as soon as my shoulder recovers I'll do some more testing. I feel I'm close to max in this rifle. Seating depth is just shy of touching, as I will probably single load these. This is a target bullet and will be used for banging long range steel and paper. It is designed for 10 twist. The F class guys are using them in their 308's.

I have a couple of boxes of the 200-20X, too. Will be testing them in the .30-'06 here soon. The 200 ELDX hammers, just curious to see what can be done with Lapua brass and a proper "match" bullet.

All my free time has been spent hunting and the Christmas-New Year stuff. My family comes home, and they all want to hunt. So my load development has been put on hold. Might get some range time this week. They like to shoot too.

Please post what you find in the 30-06, as I have one as well, probably IMR-4350?

Back