Looks like I "get" to try Pulsar's/Sellmarks warranty ***UPDATE***

cml

My HD19S developed a weird white smudge about a month ago. I was hoping it was the batteries since they had some hours on them, but after changing the batteries out with multiple sets of new batteries still no change. Actually seems to get worse the longer the unit stays powered on. Sellmark customer service replied to my email quickly and I now have a return authorization. Going to ship it next Tue/Wed after the holiday weekend has passed. Fingers crossed! (Pictures are not the best but you can see the white smudge towards the lower left.)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
They will take care of it. It will be roughly a two week process depending on where you live. Two or three days to ship it there, a day or two to check out the problem, and if the product is in stock two or three days shipped back. All business days of course.
That's how long it was for me in SE Iowa.

That’s better than Flirs turn around time. My scope has been gone since 12/20 and I still have not heard a word from them. They were supposed to “inspect” it to let me know how much it would cost to fix my two year old scope and then get back to me.

Originally Posted By: bobfoxThat’s better than Flirs turn around time. My scope has been gone since 12/20 and I still have not heard a word from them. They were supposed to “inspect” it to let me know how much it would cost to fix my two year old scope and then get back to me.

They are going to charge you to fix and its only two years old? I thought they had a better warranty than that. My Armasight thermal is suppose to have a three year warranty and 10 year warranty on the core. I hope to never test how Flir will handle any problems within Armasights warranty period. All the recent things I have read about their customer service creeps me out.

There is a $150 to $900 charge to inspect and fix all non warranty issues. We will see if they say mine is a non warranty issue. And there is a 30 turn around time. My scope has been there since the 20th of December and I have not heard a peep from anyone. The scope would not hold a charge so I was using a battery pack to charge the scope. I went to plug the battery pack in and the plug inside broke. I am really hoping that they stand behind their product and I don't miss the rest of the season. I will keep you posted.

Well here is the response that I received today. Hello Bob,

Yes we have received your unit. This was transferred to a different Flir facility for repairs. We will be contacting you for payment once the repair estimate is finalized. I did update the shipping to have it overnighted to you once it is repaired.Once I receive an update I will contact you.

Than you,

Denise Lopez

OTS Support

Flir Systems, Inc.

815 Dubuque Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA

Direct: +1 888-959-2259

Email: denise.lopez@flir.com

www.flir.com

So its not looking too good.

Originally Posted By: bobfoxWell here is the response that I received today. Hello Bob,

Yes we have received your unit. This was transferred to a different Flir facility for repairs. We will be contacting you for payment once the repair estimate is finalized. I did update the shipping to have it overnighted to you once it is repaired.Once I receive an update I will contact you.

Than you,

Denise Lopez

OTS Support

Flir Systems, Inc.

815 Dubuque Avenue, South San Francisco, CA 94080 USA

Direct: +1 888-959-2259

Email: denise.lopez@flir.com

www.flir.com

So its not looking too good.

Hope it comes out cheaper than you expect Bobfox!

Last edited:
Well....its been two weeks today since they received my unit back and nothing yet from Sellmark. How long should I wait before I contact them for a status check?

Originally Posted By: 6mm06
Did Pulsar honor the repair under warranty?

I guess they did. I never received an email or had any contact with them since they received the unit back. We will see Monday when it gets delivered if they fixed it or sent a replacement. I should note that my unit was two weeks away from the 3 year warranty expiring. I was a little leary if they would give me grief being so close to expiration. Fingers crossed!

Originally Posted By: cmatera How was the cost?

If this question was directed towards my situation, no fee was charged.

Back