Foxpro fusion vs shockwave?

zr600

Ok is the shockwave worth it vs the fusion? Are the sounds more clear through the shockwaves speakers vs the fusions? I currently have a firestorm would the fusions sound and speaker be clearer sounding then what I ha e have already or would it only be an upgraded remote and the fox pitch fox fusion and all that stuff on the fusion? I just want a good clear sounding call with a better remote then my current call. I think my firestorm sounds fine but would like a new remote would the fusion be more clear vs my firestorm? And is the Shoclwave more clear then the fusion, I don’t think I need the extra volume but want the clearest sound. Any advice would be great. Thanks zr600

I have a fusion, I don't think there would be any difference than your firestorm since they should have the same speakers and amp. I've noticed some sounds are a bit clearer than others on high volume. I am starting to like the fox fusion but it sounds way better to me if you use an auxillary speaker. I plug in a toa 60 probably 3/4 of the time. It's not a bad system IMO.

But, if the CS24 had fox fusion and you could plug in another toa 60 into it that would be my first choice I think. Those big speakers just seem to sound better to me. I've never been around a shockwave.

Upgraded remote and a few new features is the difference.

I had the Firestorm for years and am now running the Shockwave. There is a huge difference in the sound profile between the 2. Its not even close!

The Shockwave with its 2 tweeters and 2 horn speakers is far superior than the single separate horn and cone speaker combo of the Firestorm/Fusion.

The Fusion is the same body as the Firestorm and the Shockwave isn't THAT much bigger honestly. It's bigger, yes, but not enormous.

The tweeters on the Shockwave put it in a class of its own! Its the reason other companies are following suit and adding them to their callers as we speak.

Buy the Shockwave and never wonder what if...

predators do not care about tweeters. have called hundreds of coyotes with electronic callers that sounded like a worn out cassette tape. oh wait, those were worn out, distorted, scratchy cassette tapes. this was before tweeters were ever invented.
lol.gif

I too have called in 100's of coyotes WITHOUT a tweeter added caller.

I will still disagree with you 100% Slick!!

Like I said... I ran the Firestorm, SP-55 and SP-60 for years. The coyotes started getting tough to call around my ranches. I was still calling them in, just not in the numbers I was in the years past.

I upgraded my caller to the Shockwave and... It was as if the coyotes on the same ranch had NEVER heard a caller before. Nothing changed but the tweeters. I use the same sounds and had a incredible positive reaction.

The human ear alone can hear the difference in added high notes of the Shockwave. To suggest that adding realism to sounds through higher tones doesn't effect reaction (preadtors dont care) is nonsensical to me.

Predators don't care about tweeters... You're right, but they will react more to a realistic sound than a scratchy tape.

There is a reason why companies are following FOXPRO's lead and adding tweeters to their upper end callers.

Originally Posted By: SeebassI will still disagree with you 100% Slick!!

aint America great. lol

hey, how about analog vs digital? there is a whole bunch of hard core audiophiles that will hold their noses at anything digital. wonder if coyotes could be considered audiophiles.
tt1.gif

I had the Fusion and used it with the SP-60 speaker. It's a good caller and works well. I got a Shockwave and like it better. It's a little bigger than the Fusion but it's not huge and it's smaller than carrying the Fusion and extra speaker. I never used the rear speaker on the Fusion and feel that the Shockwave produces a slightly cleaner sound, plus I can get the wider sound cone with the two pivoting speakers of the Shockwave without carrying the extra external speaker.

Back