Hornady Wssm brass available at Midway

204 AR

For the low low price of, um, $60 per 50. Ouch. But if anyone needs some it's available at least. Also looks like Winchester is beginning it's run on ammo with one style of 243 Wssm available.

This is good news.

To my knowledge, Hornaday has never made wssm brass. The only makers have been Winchester and Federal, and Federal hasn't made it in at least 10 years, and Winchester hasn't made it in several years either.

Originally Posted By: K-22hornet.This is good news.

To my knowledge, Hornaday has never made wssm brass. The only makers have been Winchester and Federal, and Federal hasn't made it in at least 10 years, and Winchester hasn't made it in several years either.

Winchester made a run of the 25 WSSM earlier this year. Several outfits offered it. I even picked up a bag at Sportsmans just because I could not bemuse I needed it.

I can't imagine why Hornady would get in the game unless they know something we don't about future rifle availability.

Greg

Originally Posted By: 1badsheeAtleast there is a option, may make it worth it to get one of those cheap wssm rifles that are floating around.

New brass at over a dollar, no thanks. When I had a wssm, the brass was of low quality too, and I never got more than 3 loadings out of it. The rifle would have to be free to justify wssm brass.

Quote:When I had a wssm, the brass was of low quality too, and I never got more than 3 loadings out of it.

Not sure when that was, but my Dtech (built 2007) is very easy on brass. In fact, I never split a case or had a loose primer. I used both Winchester & Federal brass & never annealed.

ETA: Unfortunately, haven't shot it in the last year and a half as the landowner has prohibited ARs on the ranches I hunt. Best darned predator rifle I ever owned and wonderful hog rifle as well.

Regards,
hm

Last edited:
back in 2007, a gun store that I used to manage we had probably 12-15 cases of various wssm ammo. Couldn't give the stuff away at the time. Also had a pallet of american eagle 22lr. copper plated hollow points, 400 rounds per brick, 4,000 rounds per case. Had a sale to blow it out, $79.99 per case of 4,000 rounds or $8.99 per brick. Most people just looked at it and said what am I going to do with all that ammo.

Fortunately I bought a few cases. Fast forward a few years and I was wishing I would have bought myself a truckload of it at that price. I would have made a pretty penny.

Back