E-Caller Testing Part 1: Remote Ranges

Weasel-UT,
If you delete the posts, I'll copy them all back into a new one so the thread has the same conversations already in it. I have the posts saved so it can go on a new thread. Thanks.

Good idea! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinning-smiley-003.gif

We'll clean up these threads before saving them, but for the meantime it'd be nice to keep on track.
Great work snowcamoman! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif Thanks for all you do.

Exactly,
Let the testing stay together and all issues/problems/legal items go to another thread referencing whatever the problems/issues are. Thanks.

Thanks Weasel and snowcamoman! I really appreciate all of the work that you have been doing for this testing, snowcamoman!

Mike Dillon

FOXPRO, Inc.
"The Caller of the Wild"

The True Leader.
Often imitated, never equaled!

I too want to compliment you on your testing. I have watched this with great interest. Since I do not have a dog in this fight I will ask a few questions for some clarification in my mind. I am curious as to your method of testing. You state that you tested the callers with the caller at three feet off the ground. How far off the ground was the transmitter when you conducted the test?

I tested our old RC-3's back in the 90's with the caller on the ground as well as the transmitter in my lap as I sat with my normal calling position. I felt that was the most common usage for our unit and it would be the most accurate guage for reporting distances.

As I would move away from the caller and lose performance, I would raise the transmitter off the ground. I achieved a distance of over 300 yards with my hand as high over my head as could be, but felt comfortable with advertising only an effective range of 100 to be safe. That was a distance that I could expect reliable performance in most calling situations. Since it was not a practical way of calling I did not feel comfortable making that claim.

In your tests, I can see where there are opportunities to hang a caller in a tree when there are some around, but are the distances you are achieving with you standing up or sitting down?

I guess I should have advertised "up to 300 yards" with the disclaimer " depending on conditions" but to be honest with you I did not want to field all of the guys in flat country with no trees bitching at me about not being able to get 300 yards. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I am quite surprised at the distances you are achieving and am wondering if some of the other manufacturers will now cite your test for their marketing claims. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

If this question was answered earlier just ignore it. I read through this pretty quickly.

Thanks for your efforts.

Back