Face paint and predator hunting.

OKRattler

How many of y'all wear face paint while you're calling in predators? Last weekend a coyote spotted my brother and I on the side of a hill way out there. I didn't think he winded us he just acted like he saw something he didn't like. And then I realized we weren't set up just perfect and we were probably shining just as much to him as he was to us. My brother said "We need to start wearing a mask." Well...he can wear one but that drives me absolutely bonkers having stuff all up on my face and whatnot. If he insists on wearing something to keep that sun from giving us away I'm going to go the paint route I think. The only trouble with it is it probably gets all over everything.

Originally Posted By: Forest GhostBeards aren’t just for hipsters

I have a beard. And long hair. I ain't a hipster though. I actually really don't even know what that is.lol

I always wear a boonie hat with face mask attached similar to the cap in Tripod's picture. I'm sure I got it at Cabela's but they don't list it anymore.

They certainly will pick up on a white face especially if you wind up in the sun.

Regards,
hm

Originally Posted By: reloader326Face paint is not so bad, cleaning it off is the worst part.....or maybe the weird looks you get when you stop to pump gas.

I agree with both parts of this!
w00t.gif
I just picked up a hat that has mesh netting connected to it from cabelas the other day. $15. Works prefect! Had deer staring me down yesterday and not busting me. I have other facemasks, but I dont like them because after about an hour my nose feels like its getting crushed, and starts annoying me. I do use paint during deer season often

For those that don't mind face paint but have difficulty removing it, these are super efficient. The pack has a stick and peel re-stick label to keep them from drying out. They are unscented. No more scrubbing the skin off to remove the paint.

https://www.neutrogena.com/skin/makeup-remover-cleansing-towelettes/6805100XX.html#q=make%2Bup%2Bremover&lang=default&start=1

My wife is a hunter as well and turned me on these little "toweletts". You don't have to scrub, the paint just wipes right off. I buy the face paint at Target right after Holloween. They sell it for kids to use. You can get it for .20 a tube after 10-31.

I use a face mask from Kings Camo. It's basically like a t-shirt sleeve. I pull it down if I need to blow a mouth call or when we're driving. I can't say it's definitely helped or not, but I've had a lot of coyotes get in real close lately.

If you like face paint the best I've ever used is a product called Carbo Mask. Goes on, stays on, not greasy and doesn't smear off onto everything it comes into contact with. Not as good to take off as they advertise but not so bad.

Originally Posted By: reloader326Face paint is not so bad, cleaning it off is the worst part.....or maybe the weird looks you get when you stop to pump gas. I'm used to it. With my appearance now they're probably just thankful I pay for gas instead of robbing the store.

When I was in the Marines we used shaving cream to remove the face paint. Spray a little in your hand and smear it over the paint, let it set for a couple of minutes and whip it off. Worked pretty good.

Originally Posted By: weekenderFor those that don't mind face paint but have difficulty removing it, these are super efficient. The pack has a stick and peel re-stick label to keep them from drying out. They are unscented. No more scrubbing the skin off to remove the paint.

https://www.neutrogena.com/skin/makeup-remover-cleansing-towelettes/6805100XX.html#q=make%2Bup%2Bremover&lang=default&start=1

My wife is a hunter as well and turned me on these little "toweletts". You don't have to scrub, the paint just wipes right off. I buy the face paint at Target right after Holloween. They sell it for kids to use. You can get it for .20 a tube after 10-31.

I’ve been using the Neutrogena wipes for a couple of years.
They are excellent.

So we have a lot of votes for the hat with a net,a few for face paint and other types of mask. The problem with the ones that you have to pull down over your neck for me is I wear glasses so breathing in cold weather in those things fogs up my glasses. Plus I always feel like I'm wearing a turtle neck sweater or something. I have face paint but I might get me one of those hats and try it out.

Back