45degree offset reflex sight.

jk2paintworx

Anybody using any type of reflex sight on their AR? I have had a couple occasions wher it would have been real nice when coyotes end up coming through real fast and real close. I always end up wishing I had my shotgun but then after carrying 2 guns on a couple hunts I always go back to just my trusty AR. I have not used this type of sight so not sure if it's even realistic.

My Primary optic is a Vortex PST 2.5-10FFP and it's always set on 2.5 unless I need to power up for longer shot. Even at 2.5 it's hard to scope up a running coyote at close distance.

Yes. I went to mine for the same reason you are considering. I admit, that there is nothing better than killing a coyote at close range with a shotgun, but carrying both guns gets old, IMO. I have only killed 3 with the reflex sight, but not due to them running in too fast....they were just close enough I chose to use it. They are very quick and easy to use. I couldn't see myself going back to the shotgun at this point.
35637727561_4eeef8b079_o_d.jpg

Originally Posted By: jk2paintworxMy Primary optic is a Vortex PST 2.5-10FFP and it's always set on 2.5 unless I need to power up for longer shot. Even at 2.5 it's hard to scope up a running coyote at close distance.

I agree. Minimum or maximum. I used a red dot on a 45 degree mount when I was running a larger scope, even got to pop a few coyotes with it. In the end, getting a scope with power that better matched my stands worked out better. Less weight, less gear. Then go out and shoot your rifle at different yardages. Too many guys just "sight in" and don't bother to shoot at different ranges to see where their rifles hit.

Smokin barrel. Is that a leupold Deltapoint? Is it on a pictinny mount or a flat mount that the sight mounts directly on? I see that there is a mount made by Predator tactical but the owner Matt Burkett looks to have gotten into some trouble and they don't seem to be available. I found a Deltapoint (original not the Pro) for $300 and I like how small and light they are but not sure of the best mount. I like the flat ones that the red dot mount directly too. What's the best setup and do you like the Deltapoint?

I don't necessarily recommend the Bushnell First Strike sight pictured here for hunting - it's a good quality optic, but it's light activated, so it won't turn on in the dark, but I do very much appreciate the opportunity to roll the rifle over and have an open field of view for movers.

36440480166_b6c0499181_c.jpg

Originally Posted By: jk2paintworx
Smokin barrel. Is that a leupold Deltapoint? Is it on a pictinny mount or a flat mount that the sight mounts directly on? I see that there is a mount made by Predator tactical but the owner Matt Burkett looks to have gotten into some trouble and they don't seem to be available. I found a Deltapoint (original not the Pro) for $300 and I like how small and light they are but not sure of the best mount. I like the flat ones that the red dot mount directly too. What's the best setup and do you like the Deltapoint?

It is a Delta Point on a pic mount. I have never had an issue not seeing the dot in any conditions and sight acquisition is quick.

Originally Posted By: jk2paintworxIs $300 shipped a good deal for a Original Deltapoint? Are the Deltapoint Pro models better? They are $400.

I am not sure what the difference between the two are. If you can get the "old" one for $100 less, I say go for it. I don't think a dead coyote would ever know the difference.

Ordered a Pro for $355 on Amazon last week, my wife is giving it to me for Christmas. Putting it on my shotgun. I just looked and they are $10 more today, $365.

Deltapoint Pro on Amazon.

Had been looking at them for awhile though and prices around $350 were popping up here and there fairly often the last month or so.

- DAA

Thanks guys. I got the lightly used Deltapoint for $265. Now I need to find a offset mount. I feel like the flat plate style is a better bet than the pictinny style. I also like the ones with the little guard wings. Anyone know who makes one for the Deltapoint?

Back