New Patriot or inferno maybe the Cabela's SLP by foxpro

Originally Posted By: FOXPROthe noobie,

Actually, the antenna on the Patriot is a pretty good antenna. Have you had an issue with it? We have not heard of issues with that antenna. As you know, on some of our remotes, there is no retractable antenna, and there have been some issues with those as well. By having the retractable antenna, you can choose to extend it all the way up for maximum range, of if you are calling with the caller in closer proximity, you don't need to extend it at all. It's also much easier for transporting and storage if the antenna is in the down position.
In regards to the Inferno, it has more features (FOXBANG is a very popular feature for many people), and a larger lcd screen. We have a caller for everyones needs and budget. Let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Mike Dillon

No issues I just worry about long term durability. Seems like if you forget to collapse the antenna it might take a beating. I worry about the little stuff.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: johnbra My main concern is if its loud enough. I'm not sure it would reach an animal at 500yds or so.

no concern. on a calm day that caller playing a jackrabbit sound at full volume, a coyote can easily hear it at over a half mile.

Even my old fox pro 48 has pulled in some eastern Montana coyotes so don't worry they can hear it. Only time I may have needed the extra sound was when the wind started rolling in.

Thanks guys, I'll worry a little less then. That was my main concern. The other thing I didn't like was the door for the batteries, seems like a few uses and it will work loose, but I guess time will tell. The sound quality is great, no distortion at max volume and the remote was easy to use with gloves, and the display is easy to read. I can kinda see what the noobie is talking about with the antenna, I think one drop with it extended could bugger it up pretty easily. It is kinda nice to be able to retract it though. I'll give it a few more uses and come back with another review.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: johnbraI can kinda see what the noobie is talking about with the antenna, I think one drop with it extended could bugger it up pretty easily.

Anyone know of a rubber "shockproof" case made for these remotes?

Back