Great Day, mixed bag

Bowhntr6pt

Got out of the house today to get my mind off my son, he just left for the Air Force and I've been pretty down (but very proud)... started behind the house with my caller to see if we could smash some crows. They were all over us... we got a nice pile of them.

Decided to go out to the ranch and see if I could duplicate. Shooting was not as fast but we got a few more.

Then about 400 yards out I see something coming in to the crow distress call and fast... I thought at first a coyote so I hit the dirt and slipped a couple Buck Shot in the shotgun. When it got to about 60 yards, it stopped so I figured now or never... by now I could see it was a BobCat. I fired, it ran sideways to me so I fired again, this time it cut and was coming right at me... I knew the last shot was high-brass #6 and when she got about 20 yards she saw me and turned broadside and I rolled her.

As I packed up and walked back to my truck, I see several black dots in a field about 600 yards away. I put my caller in the truck, grab a hand full of Buck Shot and go to investigate. I cut through a wooded finger and pop out on the edge of the field. As I walked I suddenly see three pigs in the field off to my side... really surprised I missed them and they missed me. I make a slow open-field stalk to about 50 yards and open up... smoked two, third got to the tree line before I could reload.

All in all, a great day and a great stress reliever to say the least.

1689.gif

This post is nominated for Hunter of the Month. Sorry, the nifty little .gif isn't rotating, so all you see is "Nominated" for now.

Ooooooooooooooowee, Bob! Good going there! Goodness but I hope that you bring that kind of shooting luck (and skill!) with you to Wyoming next year! Nice!

Originally Posted By: RustydustOoooooooooooooowee, Bob! Good going there! Goodness but I hope that you bring that kind of shooting luck (and skill!) with you to Wyoming next year! Nice!

June will be here before you know it!

Man a fine day of gunning.
Crow pie for an appetizer
Slow cooked pulled pork for main course
And absolutely couldn't resist some puzzy for desert!

Next chance you get tell your son thanks for standing the watch.

Back