Female red tonight

1trkyhntr

Killed this female tonight. She came in to Eastern Cottontail but locked up. I switched to Platinum Grey and she came on in.
I think that I hit a 2nd one on the next stand but it got up and ran away into some thick cut over so I don't know.
1VZcG1l.jpg

Originally Posted By: weekenderCONGRATS, nice looking red. I'm just curious, do you skin all your predators out?
I give them all to a trapper friend, he skins and sells them if they are not blown out.
Unfortunately most of the foxes that I shoot are in pretty bad condition. 55gr Vmax is hard on a thin skinned animal if it hits bone.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 223foxcallercan i ask what the volume setting was on when u called in the fox
Full volume, 40 on the Fusion. I was in a pretty large field.
If they hang up the first thing that I usually try is lowering the volume. If that does not work I switch to a softer coaxer sound.
This one started to go down wind so I switched to Platinum Grey.

does your caller kinda distort at full volume?
im asking cause i have a fusion and the screaming grey fox and the platinum grey sound different at full volume.

Originally Posted By: 223foxcallerdoes your caller kinda distort at full volume?
im asking cause i have a fusion and the screaming grey fox and the platinum grey sound different at full volume.
I don't have Screaming Grey on mine, Platinum Grey sounds clear to me at full volume.
Are you using the front, rear, or both speakers?
I only use the front. The rear speaker distorts high pitched sounds.

Back