New Randall Model 15.....

mic214

My meager Randall collection has been reduced somewhat as of late as I have given away three of my knives (A model 5, 14 and 16) to my kids. To fill the void, I have ordered two more Randalls from Capt. Stanaback Knives (A Model 15 and a 26) which I am hoping to get fairly soon. So I figured I was set for a while…..

Alas, I can never say never when it comes to acquiring knives (Randalls or otherwise). It just so happened that Buxton Knives has had a Randall Model 15 knife in their inventory for a couple of months. So, in a moment of weakness, I brought that one home. This one has the stacked leather handle, carbon steel blade, cut down tang and a double brass hilt.

The Model 15 arrived the other day and it is a beauty! I can’t believe how great it feels in the hand. Very nicely balanced. I can see this one getting thrown into the “Outback” rotation. This Model 15 does not have the wrist thong hole, so I contacted the Randall shop and they will take a look at it and see if a wrist thong can be installed.

Last edited:
Very nice! Randall made knives are some of the best... I had a few of them over the years, but they're too expensive for me to collect

Originally Posted By: CinchVery nice! Randall made knives are some of the best...

Yep, very nice!
I'd consider selling a body part for a model 26 stag.

blushing.gif

Originally Posted By: fw707Originally Posted By: CinchVery nice! Randall made knives are some of the best...

Yep, very nice!
I'd consider selling a body part for a model 26 stag.

blushing.gif

The Model 26 I have coming will have stag with a brass hilt and a brass buttcap....
grin.gif

The other Randall's I ordered came in a couple of days ago. I got another Model 15 and a Model 26. Both knives are beauties!

Model 15:

Model 26:

Last edited:
I traded into a nice Randall Model 8 “Trout & bird” knife a few weeks back. It came with a nice piece of stag on it…:)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CinchVery nice! Did you get a chance to put any of them to use this season?

Unfortunately not… I ended up with a shoulder injury that required surgery, so that put me out of the hunting season for this year…
frown.gif

I like your Randalls,congratulations.I particularly like your 15 with the border patrol handle.

Friends of mine,who are hunters,would rather buy two knives by May,Ingram or other makers than spend the money for a Randall.Most hunters don't know that Randall forge their blades from bar stock and perform their own heat treatment.Many of the current crop of makers don't take these steps in crafting their knives.

Randalls will become family heirlooms that will outlast the original owner.I'm not sure any of the current makers,with few exceptions,will ever achieve that status or the resale value of a Randal.Only time will tell.

Here is a Model 15 with some rare options,which may never be available on a single knife again.

15mn5a1.jpg

Originally Posted By: HornetHunter I like your Randalls,congratulations.I particularly like your 15 with the border patrol handle.

Friends of mine,who are hunters,would rather buy two knives by May,Ingram or other makers than spend the money for a Randall.Most hunters don't know that Randall forge their blades from bar stock and perform their own heat treatment.Many of the current crop of makers don't take these steps in crafting their knives.

Randalls will become family heirlooms that will outlast the original owner.I'm not sure any of the current makers,with few exceptions,will ever achieve that status or the resale value of a Randal.Only time will tell.

Here is a Model 15 with some rare options,which may never be available on a single knife again.

15mn5a1.jpg

Wow, that is a beautiful Randall!

I ordered a Model 5-4 with a black micarta handle a couple of months ago from Stanaback Knives. I am hoping to get it sometime in June or July……
grin.gif

The Model 5-4 showed up a couple of weeks ago. I took it out with me for the early season mule deer hunt here in New Mexico, but unfortunately I did’t get a deer this year. However, the knife was a joy to carry.

I am heading out to Texas on a hog hunt next week and I am hoping to be able to put it to work there…:)

Back