Trigger Problem...Help!

Originally Posted By: Bluedog
Good news! This is what I did, and it is working correctly now. Took it out this morning for 30 rounds...no malfunctions...no resets...no issues at all...other than the 137 lb trigger pull...all is well! Thanks Guys!

Bluedog

Good news. Investing in a quality middle-of-the-road trigger like the RRA is always a good investment, regardless the base quality of the gun, if you don't enjoy the 137lb trigger pull. I LOVE the Geissele in my precision gun, but I have two with the RRA National Match and, frankly, it is a FAR better value.

I will be putting an RRA trigger in this one after Christmas. I am a Savage bolt gun guy...so I am pretty spoiled with triggers. After the trigger I will work on load development.
Thanks again for all ya'alls help!

Glad you got it. Either way save for a proper aftermarket trigger pack. Keep that stock one for a backup. Research what's right for you. First thing I personally do to any rifle, period. Giselle/Timney are where I usually land.

Originally Posted By: BluedogOriginally Posted By: JoeBobOutfittersWith the lower separated from the upper and no magazine in the lower receiver you can dry fire/work the fire control group a bit to possibly correct that issue. Rotate the safety to fire and pull the trigger. You'll want to catch the hammer with your hand (don't let it hit the lower receiver). You can also pull up on the hammer a little while pulling on the trigger to help things along, which it sounds like you may need to do. That can typically clear up any small burrs or tight tolerance in the trigger housing in a few minutes.

Good news! This is what I did, and it is working correctly now. Took it out this morning for 30 rounds...no malfunctions...no resets...no issues at all...other than the 137 lb trigger pull...all is well! Thanks Guys!

Bluedog

Good to hear! We've seen that previously with some fire control groups. Normally it's a pretty easy/quick fix (without any modification) so at least it isn't an involved process.

Originally Posted By: BluedogI will be putting an RRA trigger in this one after Christmas. I am a Savage bolt gun guy...so I am pretty spoiled with triggers. After the trigger I will work on load development.
Thanks again for all ya'alls help!

if you're spoiled by nice triggers - dont overlook the single stage casette style triggers like timney, POF, etc

joebobs (a site sponsor to boot) has the timney's on say for $199 and POF's on sale for $129 (with KNS Pins, which are usually like $30-$35 alone)

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Single-Stage-AR-15-Triggers-s/132848.htm

ive got a couple timneys, and they've ruined just about everyone with an ar i've let shoot either of mine.

Back