Coyote prices in midwest?

This probably won't be the same for you as I live in ND, but, Marty from Petska fur did a radio interview with a guy that has a short little tidbit on one of the local radio stations and he said they are paying up to $75 on the body... Good luck getting that much, but I don't think it would be outrageous to see up to $50.

How about skinning and sending them to auction?

My best pelt last season brought me $122.00, I averaged about half of that, and coyotes here are not the best colors.

We killed our first one today here in Ohio. Took it to the local fur buyer we have used for years and he told me in the round he could only give us 5$. Yes 5$not a type O. He said he got stuck with a lot of coyote pelts from last year he couldn’t sell. Not in it for the money but 5$ is not worth dragging them out.

Originally Posted By: KpeteWe killed our first one today here in Ohio. Took it to the local fur buyer we have used for years and he told me in the round he could only give us 5$. Yes 5$not a type O. He said he got stuck with a lot of coyote pelts from last year he couldn’t sell. Not in it for the money but 5$ is not worth dragging them out.
X 20= $100

Call Marty his number is 308-870-4887. He is super fair. His last name is Baxter. I sell to him and he has treated me really fair. And he stole my pickup last week when he broke down. Actually I offered it to him. He will bid on furs over the phone give him a shot. All you and he can say is no. No harm no foul!

Quote: He will bid on furs over the phone give him a shot. I wonder just how the heck is a fur buyer, that doesn't know you from a hole in the ground, going to bid on fur on what? Your word of how good, or bad, your coyotes are? Not all coyotes from a certain area are equal, so I just don't think any fur buyer in his right mind is going to be able to tell anyone on the phone what his fur is really worth.

Originally Posted By: songdog Quote: He will bid on furs over the phone give him a shot. I wonder just how the heck is a fur buyer, that doesn't know you from a hole in the ground, going to bid on fur on what? Your word of how good, or bad, your coyotes are? Not all coyotes from a certain area are equal, so I just don't think any fur buyer in his right mind is going to be able to tell anyone on the phone what his fur is really worth.

pretty much what i was thinking. sounds like fake news.

Guys like Marty are not "bidding" your fur over the phone. They buy 10-20,000 coyotes a winter in all the corners of the Mid west and western states. They have a pretty good grasp geographically on what coyotes are in your area. They will ball park prices based on fur purchased from your general area. Normally with in $10 of what they will pay when they shake your hand and meet you.

Last edited:
Yeah, "bid" probably wasn't the right word. Because in any given area any one coyote could be worth $10. and the next coyote from the same area could be worth $60.

Comparing pelts from out West to pelts from Iowa and Illinois is like comparing apples to oranges. Here in IL I'm guessing $8-$18 skinned. Friends of mine in Wyoming have sold a bunch for $70 on the carcass this year. Western dogs bring waaaaaay more money.

I did sell in SD on Friday and got $70 for one on carcass and $40 for another. The other 2 were damaged and brought only $20 apiece.

Just sold fur in NE IA this afternoon. Sold to Groenwold's. Had 8 coyote and 8 coon. The prices are as follows:
2 coyote @ $30
3 coyote @ $15
Gave me 3 coyote back...rubbed in the neck area.Thought maybe at least 5 bucks, but I guess prices are bad enough, they don't even want to screw with even the slightly sub-par stuff.
2 coon @ $6
6 coon @ $3
Just info for anyone still wondering.

Originally Posted By: SEMN CoyoteI'm also looking for a Buyer in SEMN. Only full body offer I have is $15 to $17. Hardly worth the fuel for me to drive there.

Would you mind saying from who? You can PM me if you want.

Back