Ruger American predator 6.5 creed

KjBeachy

You guys who have it, what do you think of it? What ammo shoots best. How does it group. I know it's a good rifle, I just need some good reasons to convince my brother to get one(I can't get one, not yet 18)lol

My RAP shoots the Hornady 143 ELD-X factory hunting ammo as if they're target bullets.
I handload 140 ELDM target bullets for tight groups on paper.
Also have upgraded it with boyd's stock, metal trigger guard, glades bolt handle and did some minor trigger work.
It shoots handload 85 gr varmint bullets very well also.
I think the RAP barrel and trigger make for a super value given the low price point.

Also have a 243 RAP, without any upgrades (other than minor trigger mods), and I think it is also a super value.

Love mine it's the best $379 I've spent on a rifle. My son loves it too so I gave it to him as his first rifle.

I did put a Timney trigger in it set at 1.5lbs which is on all my rifles.
It impressed me so much I built a custom.

Shots 6,7,8 using a generic 140gr A-Max load I got off the internet.
8_DD126_E8-_AEE8-4_CE4-828_F-568_E9_F12_FDDA.jpg

18_B92_F6_C-9467-460_F-_AC23-70_FA760_C7427.jpg

I'm currently shooting 130gr Berger VLD's that shoot like this at 200yds. Ruger American Predator on the left and my custom on the right. Orange dot is 1.5"
8_BC9_DA0_C-_D24_A-4098-8704-4_D45_D13_A5_C13.jpg

The 130gr VLD Hunting bullet is great on deer. Here is a picture of last years opening weekend. None ran over 40 yds.

4_A6_AA054-_A137-4_DBD-8_A25-26353_D213_DC2.jpg

About to pull the trigger on another Predator in 6mm Creed to put my suppressor on.

Last edited:
That's some good shooting and a pile of deer!

I think they're a great value. Both the RAP's I have, a 6.5 and a 204, needed most of the windage adjustment in the scope just to get dialed in. I ended up using offset Signature ring inserts turned sideways so that I could keep the scope reticle centered in the tube. Not sure if the mounts are installed crooked on all of them or just my 2. And the stock needed relieved on the left hand side of the forearm quite a bit so it didn't touch the barrel. I glass bedded the 204 and they both seem to shoot really well. A good stock would help them a bunch also I'm sure.

Have the 6.5 and its awesome for the money. Have tuned the trigger and my boyds just came in. Killed 7 deer so far with handloads using 140 eld match and h4350. So far its my favorite 6.5 out of the 4 ive had. Also have the 300bo and a 204 thats my wifes. Fantastic rifles for the price.. buy with no regrets.

Originally Posted By: zheltonHave the 6.5 and its awesome for the money. Have tuned the trigger and my boyds just came in. Killed 7 deer so far with handloads using 140 eld match and h4350. So far its my favorite 6.5 out of the 4 ive had. Also have the 300bo and a 204 thats my wifes. Fantastic rifles for the price.. buy with no regrets.

Which model boyds did you go with? I'm curious about some before and after weights, I'm looking at a couple boyds for my rugers

I got the provarmint. I will have to open up the barrel channel for my heavier profile barrel. Been on a 7 day wrk stretch so itll be monday before i can mount it up.

Originally Posted By: 76_michaelI really want a 6.5 myself . Just cant make up my mind on which one i want

Don't know your budget but if I had to buy a new 6.5 Creed that wasn't custom built it would be the Barrett Fieldcraft.

Barrett offers a 21" or a 18" that's threaded for a suppressor and they twisted them correctly in a package that weighs five pounds. Basically their about run the Kimber Montana in the ground.

Barret Fieldcraft

Last edited:
I love mine except for the stock, mine came from the factory with plastic overflow from the mold putting a lot of pressure on the floated barrel, once I fixed that problem it shot great. Mine loves 140 grain eld's with 4350

Back