Rifle build?

Like B23 said, I have never seen an LTR that didn't shoot well. As far as the trigger, I haven't got a clue but a Timney is a good inexpensive replacement that takes away any possible trigger woes. I own a Tikka now and have had several in the past. Great out of the box trigger and accuracy too. The length of the action will never bother you. The bolt feels like its on bearings. Plastic stock but IMO, one of the best on the market.The Tikka's with the varmint barrels are unbelievable accurate.

BangFlop, since this thread has took so many curves I might as well throw this out. The Begara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor is on sale for 100$ off till the 13th. It’s got a lot of upgrades for a factory rifle if that Caliber interests you at all.

Originally Posted By: McGrawBangFlop, since this thread has took so many curves I might as well throw this out. The Begara B14 HMR in 6.5 Creedmoor is on sale for 100$ off till the 13th. It’s got a lot of upgrades for a factory rifle if that Caliber interests you at all.

I have two friends with begara rifles, one 6.5 and one .308. They both shoot really really well.

Getting ready to build an LTR in 22 Nosler. You will have no problems in LTR. As far as triggers they first come out with 40X trigger, then I think Remington switched over to XMark Pro.My first LTR in .223 had a 40X, then the .308 I bought had XMark Pro. This donor I bought has an XMark Pro.

Ridgeline17

How does someone tell the difference? Is one a smooth trigger versus grooved as I believe they both would have an external adjustment screw. The 40x is way better correct?

The newer LTR's are all supposed to have the 40X trigger. The 40X trigger is adjustable like the other Remington triggers but the adjustment to lighten the trigger pull is on the underside of the trigger housing, all the other Rem triggers adjust from the front side of the trigger assembly.

If the trigger is smooth it is the new style Rem trigger and not a 40X but I've never seen a LTR with an X mark pro trigger in it.

Last edited:
The 40X has lower external asjustment screw which in my opinion is better than X Mark Pro which you have to remove the stock. You cant go by the trigger being grooved as being 40X. I have seen smooth face triggers on 40X.

Last edited:
Ok then.....seems like a bit of nonsense was interjected into this thread from people who want to argue about [beeep] and not talk about the subject that was started by the op. Tis the way of the interweb. .

Back