Finally tested my first handloads...

Matlock

What do you do on a cold and inverted December day, with temps hovering just below freezing? First choice would have been hunting, but work responsibilities dictated otherwise so second choice: you drag your good friend to the range of course. And that's exactly what another forum member (Rustydust) and I did, along with his longtime friend. I figured it was high time I finally test my first handloads.

I'd say my load development for the AR is likely done:

X shows point of aim:

Chronograph batteries died, so no velocity data.

Special thanks to Russ (Rustydust) and ackleyman. It sure helps to have knowledgeable fellows like these two looking out for a new reloader.

Wow great shooting! Yeah I'd say you have a couple of good mentors and are putting the advise to good use.

You did a good job, Matthew. All I did was show you the fundamentals of reloading. You did this all by yourself. Impressive shooting.

Sorry I forgot to buy new batteries for my chrono. It did work for a little bit though. 30 degrees a bit chilly for comfortable group shooting but you shined today. And with only an 8X scope too. You got a good shooting future in front of you if the liberals dont destroy it for everyone.

when doing load testing - the point of aim/point of impact relationship is irrelevant

all you're looking for is group size - and you pretty much nailed that!

you can always get the chrono data another day

congratz on some fine shooting!

That oughtta hunt Matthew!

You mentioned AR, and I see RRA as a note on the target. Which Rock River you running?

- DAA

Originally Posted By: DAAThat oughtta hunt Matthew!

You mentioned AR, and I see RRA as a note on the target. Which Rock River you running?

- DAA

I certainly hope so Dave.

R3 Competition

Very nice. I ordered an ATH the other day, might be a couple months before I see it though.

- DAA

The wait can be agonizing, but I've been quite satisfied. I ordered mine in Jan/Feb '16, didn't have it until May; apparently barrels were backordered. Hopefully wait times have reduced since Trump.

Matthew I too was load testing yesterday. Finally!!!! But my groups didn't look that good!! Great shooting! We really will habe to get together and do some calling soon.

Back