FoxPro bag or back pack? Need Ideas

Navigator

Hello everyone. wanted to get your opinion and ideas on how you all carry/tote your FoxPro or e-caller to and from the sets and traveling. I used to have a nice bag for mine, but the ex destroyed it along with several other items.
Just looking for ideas.
Thanks for your time,
Jerod

I carry a FoxPro Firestorm or Fury 2 e-call, Primos Mojo Critter, a spare mag, a fishing scale, boresnake, pocket knife, sharpie marker, and some zip ties in my Cabela's call bag. I put the e-caller in first then the mojo on top of that and close the flap. The rest of the stuff are in the pockets on the bag.

I have a two point sling on my rifle that I put on first with the sling across my chest and the rifle, muzzle up, across my back, with the top of the sling on my left shoulder, across my chest, and the bottom of the sling around my right hip. Then I put the bag through the other shoulder across my chest/back, with the bag sitting about my left hip.

I use Primos Rapid Pivot bipod, so I put the legs through the bag, under the flap, with the strap in between the legs, and then snap it close to secure it.

I also use a Primos Double Bull chair on 99% of my sets. I fold it up, and put it on top of the call bag diagonally kinda.

So basically I'm carrying a lot of crap but have both hands mostly free while walking in. The chair is the most cumbersome part, but I love sitting up above the grass for visibility.

When I get to a spot to call, I drop my chair and remove my shooting sticks, walk out to where I want to set the call. Undo the top flap, set out the mojo and the e-call. If the grass is tall and there's not anywhere to get the call up off the ground, I'll set my bag down and put the e-call on top of it. The sounds carries much better when the call is off the ground. I would carry a tripod for the call but I really don't have anymore room for anything else and the bag works fine.

Then I go back to my chair/sticks, unsling the rifle, get set, and start calling. I also have a paracord drag I had a friend make to drag the dead coyotes back to the truck. It has six loops so I can drag a few coyotes if I have to, I've drug three back and that pretty much sucks, but the adrenaline from the kills helped, haha.

Sorry if this was too long.

This is the bag I use

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Pro-E-Call-Case/1429040.uts

Last edited:
I use the Tenzing 400 . Lots of pockets. I put my Premo's double dog in and my stray cat decoy next to it.( Main pouch) Cat tail for decoy goes in top pouch,it fits just right. Other pockets for extra batteries,remote,knife,hand calls etc. It has worked great for me over the years. I still have room left if I want to add more weight. HA! HA!
Rudy

I keep my call in an insulated lunch cooler for driving.
For walking the Badlands Superday carried the call + many other items. It is the most comfortable pack I've had.

I just have a sling on my fusion and go. It’s secured to a tripod with extra speakers. Also use a sling with gun, tripod and thermal. I don’t usually walk that far for each stand like around 300 yds but i find it more comfortable with my hands free and I’m tied down so I don’t blow away in the wind haha.

I have used bags and slings but prefer a backpack. Besides being able to fit all my stuff and walk handsfree, it will also carry my rifle comfortably. When set up I use my bipod in the front and my backpack in back for extra stability for those really long shots.

I use a crooked horn Outfitters master guide pack. I put my bullet E call and a mojo critter decoy in the spotting scope pocket. I keep extra ammo for both my coyote rifles and the shot gun in the front pocket. I keep my skinning stuff in an old bank money bag and an extra face mask,gloves and cammo hoodie in the main pocket. A couple bottles of water in the side pockets. Then I strap a stadium seat to the outside along with my Bog Pod. And a 6 drop lanyard of handcalls around my neck.
I remember when I was young I stuck 5 extra rounds of ammo in my pants pockets a cople calls around my neck and my rifle... its [beeep] getting old!!

Last edited:
It's a backpack for me...especially now that I am taking my DSLR camera with me on day hunts. For me, the backpack carries all of your gear, organized on pockets/ compartments, centralized in one location...your back.

Originally Posted By: tripod3I keep my call in an insulated lunch cooler for driving...
Just a question, but...

"AFTER" hunting a stand and walking back to your truck -- wouldn't putting the cold call back into the cooler just keep it COLD???

I would think that exposing it to the warmer inside temps of the vehicle would be better...

Curious how you address this...

Old No7

Originally Posted By: Old No7Originally Posted By: tripod3I keep my call in an insulated lunch cooler for driving...
Just a question, but...

"AFTER" hunting a stand and walking back to your truck -- wouldn't putting the cold call back into the cooler just keep it COLD???

I would think that exposing it to the warmer inside temps of the vehicle would be better...

Curious how you address this...

Old No7

I have not experienced any issues with this. If I plan on another set I usually don't flip the lid over.
Have hunted for years this way down to 5-10 deg.. Use to go to -10 but it is much more difficult in the chair.

I have a Fox Pro Wildfire 2 that i picked up at Cabelas xmas of last year on special. I store and carry it in a military MOLLIE pouch like this one:

High-Quality-Molle-Pouch-Outdoor-Black-Molle-Phone-Pouch-Tactical-Military-Utility-Molle-Pouch-Bags-Acu.jpg

Mine is padded a bit, has multiple pockets and a draw-string top on the main compartment.

I like pulling the batteries out of the call & remote when done using so there's no corrosion or batteries "exploding". i store the caller, remote, & all batteries in ziplock bags for extra protection.

I can also have a small tripod kept one of the sides via some loops.

I think it costs like $15 - $20? and the MOLLIE straps mean i can strap it to my Camelbak MULE or 5.11 RUSH 24 backpack.

NOTE to ADD: i just bought a discontinued but new FoxJack 2 to go with my Wildfire and everything still fits inside the compact bag.

Last edited:
I use an old rifle sling and some 550 cord. The tripod stays attached to the foxpro and hangs out of the way of my legs while walking in.

I use an alice pack with the frame. I put the jbl and critter in an outside pocket each. Carry a bottle of h2o and snacks in the third. All of my other gear is on the inside.

Inside my pack
2 knives
Fire starter
3 2 gallon zip lock bags, good for hides
3 heavy duty garbage bags, good for a deer or hog after skinning
Military poncho
100ft 550 cord
Deer drag

Before I got the Speedy Yote Vest I used the Cabela’s catch all bag. It held my Firestorm, SP-60 a Mojo decoy, bullets and a bunch of other misc stuff throughout the pockets. The best part is... Thry are we not $12.99!!

Back