Need light suggestions...

I think sometimes people think everyone started last week.

I used a ton of different lights over the years. Then, suddenly, the success rate just increased exponentially. Nothing changed but the light.

The only thing that bothers me about this thread is people bashing something because they don’t have one. I don’t go around slamming orkan’s optics. If I had the money, I’d buy a Theta tomorrow.

Differing opinions, I’m cool with that. Not so cool with saying I’m unwise for buying something better.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotthere are guys who can use a $40 or $400 light and kill coyotes just fine.

there are guys who can use a $40 or $400 light and have problems killing coyotes.

Very true.... many years ago I had a brand new Light Force 170 and a newer high rack. Got my [beeep] whipped by two old cowboys hunting out of the truck window with a black and decker light. I learned that day that money couldn’t buy ability and also that I would need better country.

Now, before you guys start giving each other ‘good games’ on the backside, which I now know you both like, let me say this. Bring that coyote light out to Michigan, hunt the timbers like I hunt, and then we’ll see how many coyotes you kill with it.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotOriginally Posted By: Bad DawgI take a shovel, pick axe and spud bar and dig into the earth. I bought the $40 light. Actually, I bought three of them.

No offense my friend, but I wouldn’t go around bragging you spent $400 on a flashlight. lol

something jumps out here.

he kills coyotes with his $400 light.

you with the $40 lights, not so much.

hahaha

i know you are not wired to do this, you seem to like being the odd one out

Originally Posted By: Bad Dawg
I better stay out of this one.

but probably should of went all in with this thought.^^^

Originally Posted By: DropadoglvHonestly, I shouldn’t even reply on this topic, lol. I’ve seen and read so many posts on this and it usually ends up in somewhat of an argument. Obviously I’m with Predator Tactics.
So with that being said, my set up when I use lights, my scan light is a “4 color led Nightmare” comes in red, blue, green and white, which I use to scan and locate downed animals. My Kill light is a “Reaper” and when I’m not using either Night Vision or Thermal, I only use RED. But!!! As you stated! If cost is not an issue! The Coyote Light CL2000 is hard to beat as a “kill light” along with the CL1! But, our “NEW PRODUCT” which will be released here in the next few weeks, IMO will out perform both! One is called the “XXL Coyote Reaper” for a kill light and also the new Hand Held Scan light which also comes with an ergonomic handle and 3 color LED. These are not yet on our website!!!! But I do have them and have compared and tested them vs NightSnipe, Coyote light, Hog light, FoxPro FireEye, every model of Cyclops, every model of Wicked and most of the lower end of hunting lights. (All which I own).
All these companies make great lights!
Yet....simply IMO! Predator Tactics new product line will and are out performing these other top rated lights, and at a lower cost of some.
Best of luck! www.PredatorTactics.us
Regards, Drop PMack....just as I stated, this seems to always happen when you want specifics and you can’t get them. I believe you like and live in controversy! So, with that being said.....you’ve seen only a fraction of some of my kill pics and my sons. Where’s yours? Never seen anything from you? And BTW....the OP that originally started this thread...is now our new customer! That, I thank you for.....lol

Originally Posted By: DropadoglvHonestly, I shouldn’t even reply on this topic, lol. I’ve seen and read so many posts on this and it usually ends up in somewhat of an argument. Obviously I’m with Predator Tactics.
So with that being said, my set up when I use lights, my scan light is a “4 color led Nightmare” comes in red, blue, green and white, which I use to scan and locate downed animals. My Kill light is a “Reaper” and when I’m not using either Night Vision or Thermal, I only use RED. But!!! As you stated! If cost is not an issue! The Coyote Light CL2000 is hard to beat as a “kill light” along with the CL1! But, our “NEW PRODUCT” which will be released here in the next few weeks, IMO will out perform both! One is called the “XXL Coyote Reaper” for a kill light and also the new Hand Held Scan light which also comes with an ergonomic handle and 3 color LED. These are not yet on our website!!!! But I do have them and have compared and tested them vs NightSnipe, Coyote light, Hog light, FoxPro FireEye, every model of Cyclops, every model of Wicked and most of the lower end of hunting lights. (All which I own).
Yet....simply IMO! Predator Tactics new product line will and are out performing these other top rated lights, and at a lower cost of some.
Regards, Drop

Are you a paying sponsor on these forums?

Originally Posted By: CZ527Hey I’ve got family in Michigan that guide. Got access to thousands of acres.... what’s the wager?

I would be totally interested in this! Put your lucky hunting cap on, my friend! Here’s what I have to wager......

A roll of toilet paper. I believe it’s two ply.

Some used boxer/briefs.

Zoo animal fruit snacks.

And a cat.

What do you have to wager, big man?

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnot
i know you are not wired to do this, you seem to like being the odd one out

Originally Posted By: Bad Dawg
I better stay out of this one.

but probably should of went all in with this thought.^^^

Blow it out your nose, snot.

Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: DropadoglvHonestly, I shouldn’t even reply on this topic, lol. I’ve seen and read so many posts on this and it usually ends up in somewhat of an argument. Obviously I’m with Predator Tactics.
Regards, Drop PMack....just as I stated, this seems to always happen when you want specifics and you can’t get them. I believe you like and live in controversy! So, with that being said.....you’ve seen only a fraction of some of my kill pics and my sons. Where’s yours? Never seen anything from you? And BTW....the OP that originally started this thread...is now our new customer! That, I thank you for.....lol

There's a few, do you want a trail of bread crumbs.

Originally Posted By: DropadoglvOriginally Posted By: DropadoglvHonestly, I shouldn’t even reply on this topic, lol. I’ve seen and read so many posts on this and it usually ends up in somewhat of an argument. Obviously I’m with Predator Tactics.
So with that being said, my set up when I use lights, my scan light is a “4 color led Nightmare” comes in red, blue, green and white, which I use to scan and locate downed animals. My Kill light is a “Reaper and when I’m not using either Night Vision or Thermal, I only use RED. But!!! As you stated! If cost is not an issue! The Coyote Light CL2000 is hard to beat as a “kill light” along with the CL1! But, our “NEW PRODUCT” which will be released here in the next few weeks, IMO will out perform both! One is called the “XXL Coyote Reaper” for a kill light and also the new Hand Held Scan light which also comes with an ergonomic handle and 3 color LED. These are not yet on our website!!!! But I do have them and have compared and tested them vs NightSnipe, Coyote light, Hog light, FoxPro FireEye, every model of Cyclops, every model of Wicked and most of the lower end of hunting lights. (All which I own).

The OP is not your new customer. This I know to be fact. If he is, we’ll let him post and say so for himself.

Adam, couldn’t of said it better! As for (Tiny) big Dawg....our phone conversation says otherwise with the OP! That’s fact! And will refuse to post our texts to kindly respect the OP! And as for PMack-yes, lead me to a trail of bread crumbs to just one pic...conservatively speaking, pic of a triple in one day! Or night? With you in it! Remember: jealousy is a Deadly sin!....hatred towards others should not even take place where others may get some positive information, rather than this bickering! Good day to you all!

Originally Posted By: DropadoglvAdam, couldn’t of said it better! As for (Tiny) big Dawg....our phone conversation says otherwise with the OP! That’s fact! And will refuse to post our texts to kindly respect the OP! And as for PMack-yes, lead me to a trail of bread crumbs to just one pic...conservatively speaking, pic of a triple in one day! Or night? With you in it! Remember: jealousy is a Deadly sin!....hatred towards others should not even take place where others may get some positive information, rather than this bickering! Good day to you all!

I do not doubt you had a phone conversation with the OP, but what I do doubt is that he is now your customer.

But, in the scheme of things, it really doesn’t matter. Good day to you as well.

Well, back to me for a sec. Ha. I chose to spend $200 instead of $400. If this lights I have coming works, great. I also chose another light that was PM’d to me as well. I’ll try them both. If they are not what I’m looking for, oh well. I’ll go with some of the others that were mentioned or PM’d to me. Interesting discussion and the advice is appreciated for sure.

Last edited:
Well I can see there’s a little tension. I don’t know all the history on here between some of you. So, I’ll stay out and just say we don’t need to continue on this thread. Huge thanks to Bad Dawg, Dropadog and Pmack. You guys have all been helpful and know so much more than I. You’ve all reached out in some way. I’ve taken the advice from EACH of you. I’ve also taken each one of your recommendations and HAVE and or WILL be purchasing the light come Monday. Some were cheap, some not so much. This way, there’s no biased opinion. I’ll have a light that each person recommended. I’ll keep my findings to myself and only if asked, will private message my conclusion after a few weeks of testing. I have 3 lights coming or will be by Monday. Can’t wait to test them all. Montana is tuff on equipment in the winter. That’s what I’m most concerned about. Thank you all......and remember, each person is different. So we see things differently. We will never agree on everything.

Back