What scope are you running for yotes on your AR

yeah, I generally like duplex reticles though a couple of recent scopes have BDC reticles in them. Haven't used them enough to have firm opinions yet.

I think I'm going to sell my 3-9x40 Accupoint and give the 3-9x40 Accupower a try. The MOA reticle offered for the Accupower interests me.

I'm using a Nikon Monarch 4-16 that I bought for a good price used, but I never use the top end on it or my Vortex 4-16. Probably would be happier with a 3.5-10, or jump to a 3.5-18 or higher.

Lose eye relief and clarity fast with a 4-16.

I have five coyote setups with 4 different scopes:

Detech .204- Swarovski Z5
Christensen CA 15- Zeiss Conquest
Christensen CA 15 G2- Nightforce SHV
HS Precision .204 Zeiss Conquest
Proof Research Summit 22-250 - Leupold VX 3i Varmint.

Originally Posted By: CoyotejunkiBeen using a SWFA SS 6x42 and a 1-4x24

How do you get along with the SWFA? Any problems getting on a coyote coming in close? I've read good reviews of their durability and tracking, have been temped to try one but never have.

1.5-6x40mm German #4 w/Ill.Dot discontinued Alpen on mine, RPG 20 Practicle. Most of my coyotes are close enough to hold on fur and will take FOV over X's evertime.

Originally Posted By: hunterjim00Leupold VX-5HD 2-10x42mm. Duplex W/ CDS Turret.
Seems to be a fine choice, I've had my eye on it for a while.

2-7s and 3-9.. Another reason I don't care for higher power for coyotes is where you have to play with the SF or the FF.. Dan

Originally Posted By: wormydog1724I think I'm going to sell my 3-9x40 Accupoint and give the 3-9x40 Accupower a try. The MOA reticle offered for the Accupower interests me.

The accupower did nothing for me that the accupoint didn't already do. Sent the 3-9x accupower back and have a 4-16x accupower on the way.

I have been running a Bushnell 3200 Firefly 2.5-10x50. The scope came on another rifle I traded for, and with the high PEPR mount on my AR I figured it was a good spot to put a scope with a 50mm objective. While it's been working great I am starting to run into educated coyotes hanging up at 300yds or more. My 223 load shoots great but is pretty slow at 2964fps with a 55gr V max.

I did some looking at scopes with reticles designed for longer shots. I think the Leupold VH and Burris Predator scopes are designed around 22-250 or at least hotter 223 ballistics. I couldn't make them fit my drop numbers and stay with a zero of 150-200yds. I did a little more looking and found that the Leupold B&C reticle designed for slower big game rounds and used on the triangle designed for more drop fit my numbers really well to 400yds. I think I've talked myself into a 3.5-10x Leupold to put on my primary AR and moving the Bushnell to my back-up AR. Wind holds won't be right but drop holds should work. I'll mount it, put it where I think it should be at 100yds, and then fine tune my zero on a 300yd target on a calm day and see where I'm at.

Bushnell ar optics 3-12x40. It's pretty good, but I don't need that much magnification around here. Looking to switch it out for a 1-6 or similar.

I really like #4 reticles for big game and that is what I run for deer and elk out West. I am going to give one of the Nikon coyote scopes a whirl for a bit but I am liking the looks of the Burris Fullfield e1 Ballistic Plex and also the Leupold Varmint hunter reticle. Those two seem easy to use and relatively uncluttered. So now that we have had lots of scope suggestions price and glass quality aside what is your favorite reticle for dogs and why?

Back