Pulsar XQ23V

Originally Posted By: crazyyoteKec,
Mine is the D-740 Gen 2+. I use a Sniper Hog light 50 series light with the IR module. It is bad azzz to my eyes. I also know there is better out there. I scored 3 dogs tonight, with a double. The female was taken on the run (slow) at about 50 yards offhand. The jogging offhand thing is a first for me. I was quite impressed with myself. It was also my first 3 dog night. I muffed another this year but got 2. It's amazing to watch them react to the caller/hand calls while you are passive in the light department. It really is amazing technology. To those on the fence, save your money and do it. Fascinating to see.. and I have nowhere near the level of expertise of most of the members here.

So if you weren’t concerned with the fox issue would you have gone thermal for the gun as well for the same money. I’m on the fence regarding an optic for the gun.

Originally Posted By: sjansOriginally Posted By: crazyyoteKec,
Mine is the D-740 Gen 2+. I use a Sniper Hog light 50 series light with the IR module. It is bad azzz to my eyes. I also know there is better out there. I scored 3 dogs tonight, with a double. The female was taken on the run (slow) at about 50 yards offhand. The jogging offhand thing is a first for me. I was quite impressed with myself. It was also my first 3 dog night. I muffed another this year but got 2. It's amazing to watch them react to the caller/hand calls while you are passive in the light department. It really is amazing technology. To those on the fence, save your money and do it. Fascinating to see.. and I have nowhere near the level of expertise of most of the members here.

So if you weren’t concerned with the fox issue would you have gone thermal for the gun as well for the same money. I’m on the fence regarding an optic for the gun.
I have a Pulsar Trail XP50 on my rifle and don't have any issues IDing between a coyote and a fox. Thermal all the way is better in my opinion. Sometimes it's hard to find a coyote with the night vision after spotting it with a thermal scanner. Never a problem finding it with the thermal scope!

Originally Posted By: yotesniper13Originally Posted By: sjansOriginally Posted By: crazyyoteKec,

I have a Pulsar Trail XP50 on my rifle and don't have any issues IDing between a coyote and a fox. Thermal all the way is better in my opinion. Sometimes it's hard to find a coyote with the night vision after spotting it with a thermal scanner. Never a problem finding it with the thermal scope!

That's good to hear since my plans are the XQ50 and a XQ30 or 38. May have to buy the XQ50 first and come up with an alternative for a scan light until I can afford the other thermal. Any suggestions.

Just got my XQ23V today and have been getting used to it. For those that have been using this model...what "operating" mode should/do you run on? The manual doesn't give any information between the 3 different modes...City, Forest, Identification. Thanks

Gene

I use mine in the identification mode. Without reviewing the manual I believe it gives the best resolution. I usually leave it on auto calibration too, only because it's pretty good once it gets itself setup. Hasn't been a problem in the field

Originally Posted By: crazyyoteI use mine in the identification mode. Without reviewing the manual I believe it gives the best resolution. I usually leave it on auto calibration too, only because it's pretty good once it gets itself setup. Hasn't been a problem in the field
I have mine set up the same way most of the of the time.

Took mine out last night. We killed one and missed one. The unit did ok. I would see rabbits at 100 yards, coons at 200. The coyotes were all closer before I seen them. I didnt really see the coyotes until they were out in the open vs my friends xp50 where he could see them coming through the woods. Im sure I dont have everything adjusted spot on yet either.

Back