Sow Nailed in Backyard

Another Grendel sow, in through the head and out through the adomen!

Grendel%20Sow.JPG

Congratulations!!!!!! Man, those critters are Pretty. Ya'll must have had an excellent Acorn crop, plus a lot of Corn on the ground.

The last two I got were fat like those, they had been in the Peanuts and Corn Fields. They made some fine Sausage.

Had a great day this afternoon herding three hundred cattle out of a 480 acre oat field, finished up right before sun down.

Took out the FLIR T-70 thermal after the sunset and took out quite a few hogs in the dark night, had a blast!

IMG_3137.JPG

IMG_3138.JPG

Quite a few more with holes in them made it to the thick palmettos surrounding the oat field to die later tonight.

Cleaned up all the hogs and dropped them off at the local Vietnam Veterans Homeless Shelter that a buddy operates to provide fresh pork for this week to the residents.....

Congratulations, you sure did a Days Work with the Cows, then with all the Hogs. I sure am proud to hear where you donate some of you Hog meat.

We do the same thru our Ministerial Association. I can't stand to see the meat wasted if it can help those that are less fortunate than me.

Wacked three more nice Boars with the 6.5 Grendel and FLIR T-70 last night and had a blast.

Dropped off the cleaned up meat at the Vietnam Vetrans Holmes’s Shelter today and everyone is eating good!

Big%20Boar.JPG

Boar%20Trailer.JPG

Nice looking hogs Skypup. You getting into shooting them flying pigs now? Don't guess they have made there way to my parts yet, but I'll be watching for them. Love the Super Duty!
drool.gif
drool.gif

Had been out after a group of 500 pound boars the last two weeks in my backyard, always showing up real late at night on the game cams around 4-5 AM, finally started picking them up right after midnight.

A couple of more unsuccessful hunts staking them out and finally connected with one solid hit bowling him over but somehow he made it into the woods 15 feet away and disappeared, found where he bedded down that night with blood all over but was gone the next day when I discovered the bed about 100 yards in the thick stuff.

So, planned a hunt for the monster boars last night and spread out some extra bait to attact and anchor them in one of the few open spaces I have on the property on a mile long powerline cut.

Cruised out there last night at 10PM in the Honda Pioneer with the FLIR M-324XP Pan/Tilt on and saw some hot spots on the bait from 3/4 mile away when approaching. Shut down the UTV and hiked up a half a mile and ID two hogs.

M324%20View.JPG

Got to 125 yards and layed down with the FLIR T-70 on my Grendel 10" SBR with handloaded Barnes 100 grain TSX, buddy had his SIG 716 7.62X51mm with handloaded 150 grain SPs.

1 - 2 -3 -> BLAM BLAM, both boar hogs DRT and dropped in their tracks...

Layed%20Out.JPG

Dressed them out and found my Barnes 100 grain TSX stuck in the neck vertebrae:

Barnes%20100%20Grain.JPG

Barnes%20100%20Grain2.JPG

Barnes 100 grain TSX weighed after recovery 99.9 grains - outstanding terminal performance again!

Also recovered buddies 150 grain .308 copper jacket with some lead in it weighing 42.5 grains......

Freezers totally filled up now!/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif

Here is what it looks like during the day when it all went down.....

Mini%20Hondini.JPG

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!! Two Nice Boars, should slow down the Piggy Factory just a little bit for the next couple of days. I don't know about all of Ya'll, but it seems that some days/nights I/We can kill nothing but Boars, then other days/nights, nothing but Sows and young Hogs of various sizes.

275 and 225 prior to dressing.

They were not the big ones we were after, but since they showed up we took them down, big ones still out there but very elusive....

Ok cool. Very interested in seeing the big boys.

Was back in Florida 3 weeks ago. Saw a a big big boar one night but no shots. Killed about 200lb boar and piglet for week. Hopefully get back soon. Got some.new friends there with sod farms and orange groves.

Another one falls to the 6.5 Grendel and FLIR T-70, stalked him for a 1/4mile and sniped him out with a head shot through the eye. Never knew I was there.

Last thing that went through his mind was a 100 grain piece of high speed copper!

IMG_3274.JPG

Back