Second firing AR brass

357cj5

My AR and I suspect most if not all AR's put a little dent in the shoulder area of the case. What impact if any does this have on pressure POI ballistics etc when I reload these cases? Has anyone found it to be an issue?
Thanks Miles

No change on accuracy or pressure of consequence at all. Put a square, 5/8", piece of Velcro on the deflector and all that will go away.

Greg

how big is "a little dent"

as greg said, its probalby not an issue and a little velcro often softens things up a bit, but pics will help us determine if you have a bigger issue going on or not.

when your brass lands, where does it end up? just wondering if you're badly overgassed type of thing making it worse due to carrier speed

pie-chart.jpg

Originally Posted By: 6724My rifles do not dent the cases.

My uppers get a Velcro square before they go to the range the first time.
thumbup1.gif

Greg

Originally Posted By: GLShooterNo change on accuracy or pressure of consequence at all. Put a square, 5/8", piece of Velcro on the deflector and all that will go away.

Greg

That is a quick easy way to prevent it. Been doing it on mine for years.

My side chargers don't have deflectors there for don't dent..I really not had major dents from the AR that has a deflector.. No notice of accuracy fall off, If I do, I blame it on shooter.....Dan

Originally Posted By: GLShooterNo change on accuracy or pressure of consequence at all. Put a square, 5/8", piece of Velcro on the deflector and all that will go away.

Greg

Did this. Works nice.

Originally Posted By: 357cj5 This gun kicks them out at about 2 o'clock. I have an adjustable gas block so I could turn the gas down a bit.

You could but will probably still get dents.

Greg

This "Velcro square" is to soften the blow of the brass against the deflector? Are you using the hook portion of the Velcro or the fuzzy side? Maybe use adhesive backed foam?

I buy a pack of twelve 5/8" squares with the adhesive. I use the fuzzy side on the deflector. Wally usually has them or a craft/fabric store.

I'm on my fourth card. lol

Geeg

Back