25 DTI Whitetail

bug holes

This buck was my first deer taken with a suppressed rifle. It won't be my last, I assure you. I'm hooked! This guy had four does with him when I took the shot. The does were startled a bit, but never ran. As the buck expired, the does circled the area trying to determine where the threat was coming form. They ran only when they saw me climb out of my tree stand. The can was a Varminter 3.0 from Dakota Silencer on my 25DTI. The bullet was a 90gr Sierra HPFB Gameking over 29.1gr of X-terminator.
C7ixqhX.jpg

Originally Posted By: bug holesThis buck was my first deer taken with a suppressed rifle. It won't be my last, I assure you. I'm hooked! This guy had four does with him when I took the shot. The does were startled a bit, but never ran. As the buck expired, the does circled the area trying to determine where the threat was coming form. They ran only when they saw me climb out of my tree stand. The can was a Varminter 3.0 from Dakota Silencer on my 25DTI. The bullet was a 90gr Sierra HPFB Gameking over 29.1gr of X-terminator.
C7ixqhX.jpg
awesome job, and everyone from my area says you need a minimum 300Wby Mag for whitetail.
Btw, thanks for not sitting 30ft.behind the deer like most people do to make it appear bigger

Back