Sightron Stac.....thoughts or advice.

I own two of them, one is a 3-16 with duplex and a 4-20 with the MOA2. Love both of the scopes and think they are a great bang for the buck.

The 3-16 was on my 270 throughout deer season. It pulls in light very well and the duplex reticle is great in low light. The scope helped me get on a 137 3/8" main frame 8 pt 6 minutes before shooting hours were up. Couldn't see him well with the naked eye but I could see him great through the scope. This model sits on my AR now for coyote hunting and target plinking.

My 4-20 is on my 6mm creedmoor mainly for target shooting. It was intended to be able to run for coyotes and deer too, but with the MOA2 reticle, it is nearly impossible to pick up in low light. It is a very nice setup for target shooting. So far, in the past year the turrets have been very repeatable. I have ran it out to 1475 yds a couple times and right back down and maintained its 200 yd zero. It gets shot regularly at 1000+ with no issues.

Both models have very clear glass all through the power range. The eye relief especially on the 3-16 model is fantastic. The turrets have very positive clicks and they do come with caps for a hunting situation so they do not get bumped off.

Overall, I think the scopes are a great value. Two biggest cons in my opinion is eyebox is a bit touchy but not too bad. The second being the finish on the scope is a bit lacking. It is not as high of quality as the SIII line. It easily white marks when rubbed against something or even scraped with a fingernail. The white marks do wipe off fairly easy but it is still annoying. Other than that they are good to go in my opinion.

I forgot to add too, if you are ordering one, the cheapest I have found them is from White Knight Supply. I have never ordered from there and the price seems almost too good to be true, but someone has to be ordering from them with good luck because they go out of stock pretty quick. I ended up buying one from a local gun shop instead of them because they came within $10 of matching the price.

I have the 4-20 stac with the duplex and have no complaints.
The duplex works very well in low light for coyotes,for strictly 100 and 200yrd benchrest you would find the ret.a little heavy the moa would shine here.Turrets have worked fine and I have done a lot of turning,always returns to zero.

I like it well enough that I am buying another 4-20 stac in the new year.

Hope this helps

Originally Posted By: NWShooter69Let's hear the good the bad and the ugly on this line by Sightron.

I was about to ask the same question. Looking real hard at the 4-20 with the MOA-2 reticle for my 223 that I will use for fun target shooting, coyotes and possibly Prairie Dogs/misc varmints.

One of my favorite retailers on Ebay has them for $401 shipped.

I'm having a hard time deciding on which reticle I want though.
confused.gif

I have the 4-20 in both the moa2 and the duplex. The duplex is new ,all I have done is looked through it. It is clear and bright. The moa used for load work and prairie dogs last summer, it is the best scope I have used for both. I have it on a 204 for hunting load development, I going to leave it on for a couple coyote and see how the moa works during snowy conditions, I don't think the center dot will work before sunrise or after sunset it is small. The turrets work perfectly shooting prairie dogs although at 20x and a side wind there was mirage during middle of the day. There should be some good sales soon.

Graf and sons, Sightron sale. 4-20 moa2 359.99 (duplex 299.99)
4-16 moa3 339.99(duplex 289.99)
Not sure of on hand numbers

Last edited:
I got the 3-16 duplex and as said, when it’s getting too dark to see with the naked eye it looks brighter looking through the scope. Very precise clicks and accurate too. Duplex is a bit thick for fine target shooting but I find it perfect for everything else. I use a dime size target for 200 yards and the crosshairs cover it just about perfectly to give an idea of thickness. The focus is super crisp and parallax can be fine tuned from feet to as far as you can see. It really was impressive when I first took it out. Clarity is amongst the better scopes I’ve played with too. I picked mine up for $350 from optics planet but that was with a 10% veterans discount. The little flipper on the magnification ring is also super handy! Didn’t lose zero going from 3x to 16x either, some scopes will do that I’ve noticed.

Originally Posted By: TXHUNTER90Thinking about picking up one as well, just haven't decided which magnification.

In my opinion the 3-16 is probably the best all around out of the two especially for a hunting rig.

Shot a coyote about 15 minutes after sunset a couple nights ago, the look through the scope was brighter than unaided vision. Very similar to my 7-50 Steiner military/marine binoculars. However the moa dot was not visible shortly after I shot the coyote. I could easily see view wise longer but even on 4 power I could not discern the dot against anything but snow. I may switch to the duplex model I have and seen if that one will remain usable longer after sunset.

Just an update . I hear tell that Santa has ordered me one. Can't wait to run it through the paces. Thanks for all the input. Much appreciated.

Update on mine, the focus knob just spins and spins now and doesn’t change the focus much at all. Dunno what happened, it sits on my 223 and was on my 22-250 before. Contacted sightron so now to see how the customer service is!

Keep us updated on Sightron's customer service. Ive never had to use them and it will be interesting to see how they respond. Hopefully no issues.
I lost the rubber ring on the fast focus eye piece a couple of weeks ago. Only had the scope a couple months. I contacted Sightron by email but have not got a response back.

Looks like there's 3 small Allen head screws that lock the side focus knob in place. I never removed mine, these would probably allow for some adjustment to the focus range knob.

The one and only time I used their CS it was impeccable. They sent me a NIB scope of better quality than one I sent in for repair.

I called CS and man they’re good. They sent a shipping label and it’s out. They tried to figure it out over the phone but the focus knob adjusting POI means the erector or track got knocked off. So hopefully in a day or 2 I get a call saying what the issue is! Haha one could hope it’s that quick. Don’t think I’d want a different scope... 3-16 is a great power range! Just want one to survive. Of all my vortex, 1 Leupold, Nikon, Bushnell, and now this guy I only have 2 scopes that haven’t had some sort of issue. A walmart centerpoint on my 17hmr has been through a lot but I sighted it and never touched the dials again. Glass and tracking sucks but she hasn’t broke. And a vortex diamondback hp on my 308 now. I think the scopes been on almost every rifle of mine and spent a solid 7 months mounted on some sort of rifle riding in my truck. The binos didn’t even last as long with all the miles on bumpy roads. 17,000 miles last year in an area with no traffic lights and only a couple hard ball roads- best test of optic internals! Haha next will be high end sightron, Burris XTR ii, nightforce shv f1. Sightron has seemed to be a real winner so far, I just have the worlds worst luck it seems

Back