Trail XQ30 or Apex XQ50...which one?

I really had my sites set on a Trail XQ38, but it seems as though they are out of stock(some places have them in stock but prices aren't great) and have a lead time of AT LEAST 30 days. I have been able to locate the Trail XQ30 at a real good price and an Apex XQ50 at the same price...which would you choose and why? Thanks

Gene

I would find a Trail xq 38. The way they have the Trail packaged is way to nice to go back the to Apex line. After having a Trail xp50 I want all I can get. Its so nice to have clarity to ID and big fov. When people look through it the first thing they say is Holy *$^%
tt1.gif

As matter of fact I am still saying it about ever 3rd stand lol!

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: varminter .223I would find a Trail xq 38. The way they have the Trail packaged is way to nice to go back the to Apex line. After having a Trail xp50 I want all I can get. Its so nice to have clarity to ID and big fov. When people look through it the first thing they say is Holy *$^%
tt1.gif

As matter of fact I am still saying it about ever 3rd stand lol!

Varminter, the Apex and XQ lines have the same resolutions...Sensor 384x288, Display 640x480, 17um, 50Hz. Now the XP line like you have is where the Sensor and Display are both 640x480, so I can see where the image quality would be better on the XP line...the XP stuff is getting out of my price range though. This stuff is too confusing to say the least! Thanks

Gene

Originally Posted By: G AndersonI really had my sites set on a Trail XQ38, but it seems as though they are out of stock(some places have them in stock but prices aren't great) and have a lead time of AT LEAST 30 days. I have been able to locate the Trail XQ30 at a real good price and an Apex XQ50 at the same price...which would you choose and why? Thanks

Gene

Just bringing it back up. Gene the Apex 50 is under rated to me, the new screens on them are real nice. I would personally go with the Apex xq50 I have hunted with one and it is real nice for the money. Either way you will be happy with which ever one you choose.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TXHUNTER90Originally Posted By: G AndersonI really had my sites set on a Trail XQ38, but it seems as though they are out of stock(some places have them in stock but prices aren't great) and have a lead time of AT LEAST 30 days. I have been able to locate the Trail XQ30 at a real good price and an Apex XQ50 at the same price...which would you choose and why? Thanks

Gene

Just bringing it back up. Gene the Apex 50 is under rated to me, the new screens on them are real nice. I would personally go with the Apex xq50 I have hunted with one and it is real nice for the money. Either way you will be happy with which ever one you choose.

Thanks txhunter90, I kind of was thinking the same thing...however, I was able to locate an XQ38(with help from a forum member) that a dealer actually had in stock. I have sent payment on it and will have it in a few days...and at an unbelievable price too. Had I not been able to locate the 38 I would have probably went with the apex50.

Back