Undecided

Since I see most things in a shade of gray, and I love playing Devil's Advocate, I'll throw in that most hunters here won't like this design change, but I bet the tactical crowd that loves their ridiculously-priced $300+ bottom metal to simply add an extended mag to a bolt rifle, and loves their Saiga's, will jump on it. I dont see it as even hinting at a hunter's market, but, really, what's the diff between this and an AR, which I might add is very popular here, but maybe not so with the detractors commenting here so far? I dont see it as something I'd be all over myself since the advent of tube speed loaders and extended mags for shotty's. And I like an 870 just fine, 'cept they never did seem to fit me well for some reason - Model 12's are like a glove for me.....and have the safety where it should be! I'll bet old double gun guys turned their collective noes (and still do) at those "d^*n trombone-lookin' contraptions" back in the day too. Diff strokes.....I dont see more options as a bad thing.

Looks like an attempt to cater to the market. You know, all the flat billed cocked a little sideways hat guys that want to be Seal Team 6 Recon Delta Airborne Ranger Marine Snipers that talk about being operators like on their video games they play with each other. I would almost bet in a years time, Remington will sell more of these than the, in my opinion, much nicer more practical 870 Wingmaster.

Instead of Remington engineers trying to re-invent the wheel, I wish they would go back and install quality in the products they already have.

Originally Posted By: Mike BSince I see most things in a shade of gray, and I love playing Devil's Advocate, I'll throw in that most hunters here won't like this design change, but I bet the tactical crowd that loves their ridiculously-priced $300+ bottom metal to simply add an extended mag to a bolt rifle, and loves their Saiga's, will jump on it. I dont see it as even hinting at a hunter's market, but, really, what's the diff between this and an AR, which I might add is very popular here, but maybe not so with the detractors commenting here so far? I dont see it as something I'd be all over myself since the advent of tube speed loaders and extended mags for shotty's. And I like an 870 just fine, 'cept they never did seem to fit me well for some reason - Model 12's are like a glove for me.....and have the safety where it should be! I'll bet old double gun guys turned their collective noes (and still do) at those "d^*n trombone-lookin' contraptions" back in the day too. Diff strokes.....I dont see more options as a bad thing.

I suppose there may be a military or police use for these but not for me. Not sure what it has to do with this thread but as a left handed shooter the safety on a Winchester model 12 could not be in a worse place. But Winchester 97 well now we are talking my language!

Originally Posted By: grinder67 I have to wonder how long before they do this to the 1100.

depends how successful this is.

i'm sure its already being discussed though. i mean if you can sell more mags, why not.

Oh heck (read it) I am so tired of the military language referring to sport guns I could puke.

Operators and fire controls, snipers, wannabes, etc..... this is just getting stupid and ya can't fix stupid. Do I want an accurate rifle, Yep. Do I need to talk about it in those terms no I don't and my farther did not either...... And he was WWII

Just an old guy on a rant.... sorry, no, He** no I am not.

Last edited:
I dont care what they call it. I pull my elbow straight down to pump my 870s. The mag will be in the way for proper functioning for me.

Back