opinions of Meopta scopes

I really really like the 6 Cabela's branded Meoptas I just bought. Very bright and clear. Limited elevation travel though. But eye relief is good and very easy to get lined up behind.

Originally Posted By: 204 ARI really really like the 6 Cabela's branded Meoptas I just bought. Very bright and clear. Limited elevation travel though. But eye relief is good and very easy to get lined up behind.
That's what I got -I had to get the 4.5-14 - that's all they had left.
The only problem with mine was there was no manual but I called Meopta and they are mailing one.

Ya no manual with any of mine. Plan on using a canted base or offset ring insert's to keep elevation centered up.

Mine is going on a Franklin Armory .17 wsm with Burris PEPR mounts - don't know if I'll have problem or not -
Meopta said the manual they are sending covers most of their scopes except the elevation turret is right hand ( I think that's what they said ) where theirs are left hand - or the other way around

I have two Meoptas and I think they are fantastic scopes. One is a Meopro 3-9x40 that I bought refurbished from eurooptic.com. It sits atop my big game rifle (.270). And it still carries a lifetime warranty. The other is a Cabela's Instinct Euro 4.5-14x44 - simply a rebranded Meopro - that I just picked up for my new CZ 527 .17 Hornet. Many may know that Meopta actually made the original Conquest MC for Zeiss. I believe Zeiss put a different reticle in the MC than the Meopta-branded Meopros at the time, but that should tell you something about the quality right there. Good luck with your search and I'd say buy with confidence if you decide to go Meopta.

Back