Need IR Illuminator suggestions

clubstrump

Just bought a Sightmark Photon 4.6, I know I most likely want to add a different IR illuminator, need some good suggestions please

Originally Posted By: cmlI use an Evolva T20 ir illuminator that I bought off Amazon for about $40 and it works great.

thats what i use on mine. you can easily see to 200 yds with one of these in play.

I've been using the TNVC Torch PRO Mk.II Infrared Illuminator for 2 or 3 years now. Great tool. Would buy again if needed.

Last edited:
On a bit of a different note, just starting to get setup for night hunting. What time of night or how long after dark is usually the best.

when it is dark. I am usually dead tired by 1-2am, but from dusk till then, we kill with no exact time that's better than others. just get out and try it. I have killed quite a few right after dark. I have some farms that are better the later it gets because they have higher traffic around them. And others are just whenever.

As for as IR light, those T20's are great. I have 2 of them, one gun mounted and other I use hand held to scan. I have spotted coyotes out to 500+ yards with my PVS and T20 multiple times. I just had one built by IRLIGHTBUILDS on facebook. They are out of UK, and this thing is nothing short of amazing. My buddy has one and got me hooked up with this guy. Another guy that hunts with us uses their redlight and its awesome too. I think it was $120 to my door. We identify coyotes past 800 yds with them.

Originally Posted By: rickt300are the Uniquefire IR devices any good? They have a heck of a selection.

Thay are not bad for the money. I use one with my home made NV outfit and it works fine. It doesn't throw a beam a long distance very well, but for shots around 100 yards or so It works very good, or at least the one I have does.

Originally Posted By: rickt300are the Uniquefire IR devices any good? They have a heck of a selection.
-
UniqueFire UF T-20 .. had, low/Med./High tailcap push buton control on output . I bought one to just check-out the output and compare to some high end IR units . not so good in the uniqueFire I got . electronics crapped-out in less than 20 outings , controls in the Tail-Cap went bad .

It was little china cheep, and they don't cost much, so they are disposable with no warranty . but the one I had in comparison to high-end IR was respectable in the output . The Diode array is square in shape, so when you collimat the beam tight and small, it looks square and not a round circle .
I see a few models all using the same light body, but branded under different Names . I would choose a different T-20 model than a UniqueFire UF T-20

Last edited:
Anybody use nite snipe’s ir’s (ns350) etc. just wondering how they compare to the unv t20. And what exactly does the “T20” designation indicate?

Just sold this one

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...mp;#Post3136360

T20 is a Model number. Pretty common host with a 38mm aspheric lens. Lots of guys modify this flashlight.

The T20 I had cost $20 on ebay came with a red LED. For another $50 HTRN adds a dimmer and one of the best IR emitters on the market. I only got rid of it because I have a 50mm zoom light with the same IR that was slightly brighter and I have only $30 into it. The T20 modified by HTRN is a very good light for $75 bucks

Use the search feature their's a lot of info on this.

Back