Bobcat locations

brock2013

I'm looking for some advice on finding cats.... Im originally from TX and trapped and called coyotes down there and called a couple cats but Now I live in Colorado and am limited to cages. I have a few out for cats but wanted to see what you guys look for to determine if it's a good area for cats... I'm hoping for some snow to cut tracks but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen anytime soon. Any advice would be appreciated

This is only my first year that I’ll try targeting cats, and I’m calling as live trapping a bobcat or coyote seems ridiculous, but I’ve found them in really bird filled areas. My best grouse spots all seem to have good cat sign.

The good marshy draws on the mountain from the draw leveling out for a bit, lots of brush, maybe downed timber. Last year I had one come to a call but stayed in the trees and it was really out of place. Hill top, dry flat, rock rim, down lower had good grouse and rabbit but his tracks(cut em on my way to the next set) went over a small saddle. Find on the other side a pond and big marsh! Didn’t flush anything but tweeties but they like those too.

I found a mama and kit last year also but they were crossing the road in a big timber cut by a bad logging company who logged and sprayed and left the land torn up and covered in slash. Nothing growing but weeds and prickly pears. No idea why the cats were there.

Back