Straight 3x prism scope for a Bolt action 223

Kelch

Hey I’m new to the forum. I got a Foxpro this past year and I’m starting to get into predator hunting. Does anyone run a prism scope or red dot on a bolt action 223 rifle? I’m just thinking of what I may want to get to upgrade my current scope on my Savage model 16 223. I was thinking it would be a better scope for sunrise/sunset or night hunting of fox and Coyote. Even might make it better picking up targets quicker or the red dot may help for night time accuracy... Let me know what you think and thanks in advanced!

I run a 3X prism scope on my AR for night calling where my shots are usually less than 200 yards. I would not put one on a bolt gun though. My suggestion for a bolt gun would be something in a 3 X 9. Set it low at night still able to crank it up for day time if needed. Also the higher magnification comes in handy for target work, smaller varmints and such. Lots of guys here go with even more than 9X on the top end. All depends on what you do most with your gun and expected shot ranges.

Back