Light suggestions

Gcharles8907

So me and my buddy are going to do some predator hunting soon as deer season is over so I’m looking to get some lights for me and him. One gun light and one scan light preferably. Just looking for some suggestions into budget lights. Can’t afford spending much. Most areas we hunt won’t have visibility over 150-200 yards so doesn’t need to be terribly powerful. Just curious if anyone has used the Chinese ripoff lights and can comment on their effectiveness. Just want good target identification. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Originally Posted By: Gcharles8907. Just curious if anyone has used the Chinese ripoff lights and can comment on their effectiveness. Just want good target identification. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

What's a Chinese rip off light?

Most are made in China. Several are made by the same manufacturer and sold under different names.

To keep it cheap but really really use-able (having been thru the equipment buy and discard process), I'd consider a quality LED flashlight mounted scopelight and the same for a headlamp with Red led's. I'm sure some vendors will pipe in with their offerings. The quality lights (I have a sniperhawg versions for scope and headlamp) can see eye shine at 400+ yards and ID shots at 2-3 hundred yards depending on circumstances but prepare to pay $100+ for each. knowing what I know now - this is what I'd do if first starting out - you're in the game for a couple to a few hundred bucks.

you may want to consider some gen 1 NV and a IR torch for scanning then pop them with the scope light.

many combo's with each increasing in price.

What I would not do - unless watching a close bait pile is buy those $40 lights you see that mount to a gun (been there did that).

Good Luck.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Gcharles8907So me and my buddy are going to do some predator hunting soon as deer season is over so I’m looking to get some lights for me and him. One gun light and one scan light preferably. Just looking for some suggestions into budget lights. Can’t afford spending much. Most areas we hunt won’t have visibility over 150-200 yards so doesn’t need to be terribly powerful. Just curious if anyone has used the Chinese ripoff lights and can comment on their effectiveness. Just want good target identification. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

I have a few demo lights left over from my previous sport shows that I can lower the price on. If you are interested give me a call.
Joe (814) 364-9660

Back