Need light suggestions...

Pronghunter

I have searched and read many post. But it would take weeks to read them all. I’m sure this is in the wrong section as well. Money aside I’m looking for a handheld scanning light and scope mounted light in red. I know there’s many opinions out there, but what is the popular vote on the best brightest farthest beam and overall quality light out there right now for coyote hunting at night ? I have tried all of the wicked lights and do not see why they are so popular. I find them as far as their light hard to find and scan animals due to the beam distance and brightness as well as the width. So please no wicked lights. There has to be substantially better lights out there then these
Thanks

Yeah if you arent wanting to go with wicked lights then my vote would be for coyote light. I use wicked myself and the distances are more then enough for me since we can only use shotguns at night so im not hunting large open fields. I could see the limits where you could use rifles and be able to see a few hundred yards at a time. I wish i could speak for foxpro but i havent been able to try them and dont know anyone who uses them. Coyote light sounds like what youre looking for. Pricey but good.

Honestly, I shouldn’t even reply on this topic, lol. I’ve seen and read so many posts on this and it usually ends up in somewhat of an argument. Obviously I’m with Predator Tactics.
So with that being said, my set up when I use lights, my scan light is a “4 color led Nightmare” comes in red, blue, green and white, which I use to scan and locate downed animals. My Kill light is a “Reaper” and when I’m not using either Night Vision or Thermal, I only use RED. But!!! As you stated! If cost is not an issue! The Coyote Light CL2000 is hard to beat as a “kill light” along with the CL1! But, our “NEW PRODUCT” which will be released here in the next few weeks, IMO will out perform both! One is called the “XXL Coyote Reaper” for a kill light and also the new Hand Held Scan light which also comes with an ergonomic handle and 3 color LED. These are not yet on our website!!!! But I do have them and have compared and tested them vs NightSnipe, Coyote light, Hog light, FoxPro FireEye, every model of Cyclops, every model of Wicked and most of the lower end of hunting lights. (All which I own).
All these companies make great lights!
Yet....simply IMO! Predator Tactics new product line will and are out performing these other top rated lights, and at a lower cost of some.
Best of luck! www.PredatorTactics.us
Regards, Drop

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DropadoglvHonestly, I shouldn’t even reply on this topic, lol. I’ve seen and read so many posts on this and it usually ends up in somewhat of an argument. Obviously I’m with Predator Tactics.
So with that being said, my set up when I use lights, my scan light is a “4 color led Nightmare” comes in red, blue, green and white, which I use to scan and locate downed animals. My Kill light is a “Reaper” and when I’m not using either Night Vision or Thermal, I only use RED. But!!! As you stated! If cost is not an issue! The Coyote Light CL2000 is hard to beat as a “kill light” along with the CL1! But, our “NEW PRODUCT” which will be released here in the next few weeks, IMO will out perform both! One is called the “XXL Coyote Reaper” for a kill light and also the new Hand Held Scan light which also comes with an ergonomic handle and 3 color LED. These are not yet on our website!!!! But I do have them and have compared and tested them vs NightSnipe, Coyote light, Hog light, FoxPro FireEye, every model of Cyclops, every model of Wicked and most of the lower end of hunting lights. (All which I own).
Yet....simply IMO! Predator Tactics new product line will and are out performing these other top rated lights, and at a lower cost of some.
Regards, Drop

I bought an amber reaper. CL doesn’t make amber, and I feel it’s the best color sometimes.

I use just one light per stand. Scan, kill, whatever. I use the same light for everything just because it’s easier.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CZ527Originally Posted By: Bad DawgHaha! I beg to differ but ok.

With who? Me?

I better stay out of this one.

I’m not sure I understand. If there’s a light that’s better, let’s talk about it via PM so we don’t muck up the thread.

Probghunter,

I’ve been from one end to the other with lights. Little cyclops lights, wicked, even the old Q beams, Lightforce, etc.

For one, I get very few that flare off the CL. Maybe 1 in 75.
Battery life is second to no light I have seen, period.
Target ID for me is more about the scope than the light, but you do need a good clear beam.

I’ve ran it side by side with the 403 IC. No contest.

Lots of nights we call 20+ coyotes, very very rarely do we have trouble knowing what we are looking at or scaring it off.

After comparing the coyote light to just about everything, they’re out front.

I do look forward to the new addition from Predator Tactics.

Thanks to all for keeping things civilized. I appreciate all the info and have had more help regarding lights than I expected. This thread has probably saved me a ton of money.

Originally Posted By: DropadoglvHonestly, I shouldn’t even reply on this topic, lol. I’ve seen and read so many posts on this and it usually ends up in somewhat of an argument. Obviously I’m with Predator Tactics.
Regards, Drop

Drop lets keep it civilized. Without going into specifics what's the improvement?

New LED?

Is it driven harder?

What makes it better?

What type of testing?

How do you compare lights?

Lets forget our history.

I'd like to try one of these lights. Care to send me one to check out, I'll give it honest feedback? I've got a list going with the Foxpro, Nighteyes, Wicked, Coyote light, Sniperhawg I'd really like to add one of the predator tactics to the list. I did this post a few years ago and trying to add new lights to it. I think all would benefit from it.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/for...726#Post2293726

In the end I'll donate to this and add your name to the list of sponsors.

http://barkmoon.proboards.com/thread/8593/hunt-details

Last edited:
Back