Electronic call

Quig

So I’ve got a Primos call, I read on hear about the fox pro. Is it the quality of the call or something else that determines success or failure?

Another way to ask, where would you rate th electric call being used in the importance of the whole setup?

my personal opinion is that the manufactures name on a caller is way down on the list of importance. any caller on the market will call predators.

many other things need to be done half way right before an electronic caller becomes a factor.

Originally Posted By: QuigSo I’ve got a Primos call, I read on hear about the fox pro. Is it the quality of the call or something else that determines success or failure?

Another way to ask, where would you rate th electric call being used in the importance of the whole setup?

Quality of the sound is somewhat important, however more importantly is how the sounds are used. I guess what I am saying is if you use a FoxPro the same way you use the Primos your success rate will not change much. Simply by buying a better call and not changing anything else will probably not change your success rate much. However, buying a better call and changing your calling practices may very well change your success rate. For example, having a higher quality call will allow you to play coyote vocalizations louder and they will sound more crisp. The key is to know when to increase the volume and when to soften it. It is more important to know how to use the electric call to your advantage, what sounds to use and when to use them. Buying a better call will not necessarily make you a better hunter.

Unless you are hunting over bait it is the sound of the call that the predator is attracted to. It does not matter whether it is a mouth call or an electronic call.
What does matter is that the sound is believable, especially at close range.
Any quality electronic call, with good speakers, will call predators. Like Joe said, it is up to you to manipulate the sounds.
A good remote is important too. You need to be able to easily switch sounds, adjust volume, etc.

Originally Posted By: SlickerThanSnotmy personal opinion is that the manufactures name on a caller is way down on the list of importance. any caller on the market will call predators.

many other things need to be done half way right before an electronic caller becomes a factor.

I'm in this camp. In my mind what determines the success of the stand is properly setting up the stand. Knowing where coyotes probably are when you are there and where they'll probably respond from, using the wind, topography and cover to prevent being backdoored and putting the coyote in a place where you can kill him. The best most realistic sounds in the world won't matter one tiny bit if you muff the stand selection up.

There is a lot that goes into calling predators and the call is only part of it. Although I have several brand name e-callers ( up to $500 ) my best nite was with a $39 call, go figure. I think the remote is very important because if it is awkward to use, or hard to see, the sounds don't matter. There is perfect and perfectly acceptable. Spending more may not mean more success.

Back