Saker ASR?

Varminterror

I have an Omega and a couple ASR muzzle break/mounts, was looking to add another, but the Omega isn't rated for short barreled 6.8SPC. SiCo recommended the Saker for this application.

Anyone used the Saker? My first impression of the Saker is that I'm a little disappointed to see the Saker is their only ASR option suitable for my SBR - it's something like 10oz heavier and 3-4" longer than the Omega. Alternatively, I can re-core an Omega for something like $280, so unless the 6.8SPC would totally blow out the can body, maybe re-coring the Omega every few years wouldn't be such a big deal...

I'm confused...I use my Omega on my 11.5" .223 SBR and it's rated down to 10.5". How would it not be rated for your 6.8 SPC (unless yours is even shorter)?

There website lists the .308 as 16" so I figured 6.8 could go shorter since it performs well as an SBR and with heavier bullets than .223. I'm surprised 16" is all it's rated for. Did you end up ordering a Saker or go with a different brand?

Didn't order anything yet. Wanting to find a nearby SOT with a Saker in stock, so I can see what configuration adds up to 8.5" and which adds up to 10". I assume the difference is the ASR mount vs. a direct thread flat cap - which is the whole point for me.

I'm not committed to NOT buying the Saker yet, but I'm certainly not jumping for joy about the proposition of screwing a 10" can on the front of my SBR (plus brake mount length)... I have the Omega, was thinking about another to fill out a small need.

On the up side, I do have a 243win pistol which might make good use of the Saker's capacity too. But I'd rather have three Omega's in circulation rather than mixing in some over weight, over length odd-ball.

Back