450 bushmaster thumps its first (for me!)

Plant.One

11/19/17 5pm
7poAAD7XTkKEw79UYEia-A.png

my first with the 450.

taken with a 250 ftx (factory load) at about 80 yds through the boiler room.

rib going in, rib coming out, and left a mess of hamburger in the middle. Got both lungs, liver and clipped the heart. Deer went about 40 yds and fell over.

friend of the family who hunts with us also broke in his 450 this year and scored both an 8 and 7 point as well.

we do hunt in the unrestricted firearms zone, and both have full power bottleneck cartridges we would typically hunt with. However with the rule changes here in michigan and both of us having access to properties in the restricted firearms zone in southern michigan, we decided to pick up a 450 bushmaster to hunt with as well.

total for the season for us on my family's property is as follows

2 does
3x - 6 point - including my sister in laws first buck
7 point
8 point

sadly this year we had two lost deer due to the rain on wednesday as well - a doe and a spike. both were given up on after several hours of tracking in the rain, well into the dark hours of the evening. Not much you can do when you lose all traces of blood due to constant rain unfortunatly. It sure wasnt for a lack of trying to recover them. the doe that was lost was shot with a 12gauge slug at like 45 yds and the spike was hit with a 7mm mag at about 120 yds. both trails were lost in deep cover - one in among white pine stands, the other in autumn olives and poplar grove along the swamp.

i even had my Thermal handheld out there trying to find the downed animals too hoping for stumble upon them type of recovery
smirk.gif

Anymore I like to get tags filled in bow season, I enjoy it more.
Killed a 6pt , 2 doe and finished up with my best buck ever (spread wise)! 8pt 20.25" inside , dressed 185.
grin.gif

Dad has been waiting on something good,but time is getting short ,so he shot a 4pt this past Sunday.

I shot a doe with my 450 last Thursday and another doe Friday afternoon. Both were DRT and hit with the 250gr FTX Hornady factory loads. I built an AR in 450BM in February to use for SC hogs and for Ohio deer. This was the first season the 450BM was legal in Ohio. Prior to this year we had a specific list of straight wall cartridges, they made it all straight wall cartridges from .357 to .50. Much simpler. Gotta love the Thumper!

Back