Pig saddle vs Triclawps!

I have a Hog saddle on a tripod head. It works nice and I liked it a lot.

Then I bought a Reaper grip and their head. It is made just for shooting and not cameras. Save your money and get a Reaper if you can. You can speak with Garrett at Kopfager if you have any questions. I will be buying a second Reaper Setup.

Thomas

Overall I got nothing bad to say about it and it a handy tool . Pig saddle is pretty good and it holds/clamps rifle secure and steady . It great tool for leaving your rifle at the ready and hot with hands free for calling, scanning or working lights ..etc .
I keep the pig saddle wrapped up in a small bag in my pack and then when I set-up tripod, the pig saddle is on a Bogen QD plate and I clip it to the head on set-up . So the quick-detach plate makes it a fast attachment .

It a heavy little brick and I carry separate from my tripod when packing because it just makes my tripod so much lighter weight when packing in the field .
I also wrap it up in it's pouch, because it will rattle a little if it is not snuggle packed when carried in the pack .
I got to give that Reaper Grip a try sometime , it is different looking but everyone says it pretty versatile .

The pig and hog saddles seem pretty spendy for what you’re getting. An Arca rail looks like one of the better methods for tripod attachment to me. Anyone have experience with both?

Originally Posted By: AdamahThe pig and hog saddles seem pretty spendy for what you’re getting. An Arca rail looks like one of the better methods for tripod attachment to me. Anyone have experience with both?
-
You got another option for AR and Modular Pic.rail boltaction rifle .
before I started using the pig saddle on the tripod head QD plate . For years I just used a Bogen Quick detach tripod head plate, with a Picatinny-Rail QD threaded to the top of the bogen plate . then just quick attach to any Pic. Rail rifle forearm .
The Pic. Rail QD on the tripod head for ( AR and my Modular boltaction chassis ) it was actually the fastest to deploy, most sturdy and most lightweight of anything out there . Also was the most cost effective because I did it all myself with basically Drill Press and Tap & Die .

The only thing the Pig saddle does is give me even more versatility in also using my standard McM. rifle stocks on the tripod . There is no think-plan on what I choose to carry for a rifle . the pig and raptor claw are pretty much is a ' one ' does it all .

Triclawps works great for me ! I use mine on top of the Primos Jim Shockey Trigger Stick tripod with no ball pivot. Just make sure you use the leg lock after setting up so legs don't collapse. Also remove the Triclawps & mount my camera on trigger sticks for picture taking, works great.

Last edited:
Back