Varmints Inc. Osage Howler..SOLD

LONEHOWL

Custom Call Maker
This is a micro howler turned from Osage with a black micarta base. Toneboard setup is completely hand made by me...toneboard free hand, and the toneboard bushing on the metal lathe. It is removable from the barrel and held in place with dual o-rings.
Barrel is step bored, has an oil/wax finsh inside /out. 550 cord lanyard included.

These howlers have a hole in the bottom of the toneboard (each toneboard hole is a different size depending on how it turns out) that lets it run pretty smooth. What I do is when I do a bark before a howl lets say, I cover the hole with my bottom lip and bark, all the backpressure is there and you will get a super raspy bark, but instantly move your lip from over the hole and it smooths out. The tradeoff is that these howlers are a bit higher pitched...especially this one because of the short barrel. It takes a bit of practice but becomes second nature in no time.

Higher pitched howls, super barks, super ki-yi's and pretty loud.

Anyways, this one is 40 bucks shipped priority mail, cause it has to go in a box anyways.
Thanks!!
Mark

003 by Lonehowl, on Flickr
005 by Lonehowl, on Flickr
006 by Lonehowl, on Flickr

Toneboard air hole:
007 by Lonehowl, on Flickr

Ive had a lot of inquiries on these howlers, thanks... I will be posting a few more here and there. Also, the reed on these is .015 thick, not .010 like on say, a distress call.
Mark

Back