A Bipod question for Snowshoes and others

Lodgepole

In you last picture your rifle is resting on a bipod . Is it only held in place by the fork on the top or is it attached to the fork in some manner.I am using homemade sticks and need to improve them . lodgepole

I have used homemade sticks for some years myself...... This year I wanted to make some improvements. I'm using a Swagger Bipod. It attaches to the front sling mounts on a rifle. Pretty good setup. Built in Grand Island Neb. It's an easy Google search. Allpredatorcalls.com has them on sale. All the best!

Originally Posted By: LodgepoleIn you last picture your rifle is resting on a bipod . Is it only held in place by the fork on the top or is it attached to the fork in some manner.I am using homemade sticks and need to improve them . lodgepole
I use the term "shooting sticks" quite often as that is what I have used for years but fact is, I'm currently using a BogGear Red Legged Devil BogPod bi-pod.

Originally Posted By: Darrel WytonI have used homemade sticks for some years myself...... This year I wanted to make some improvements. I'm using a Swagger Bipod. It attaches to the front sling mounts on a rifle. Pretty good setup. Built in Grand Island Neb. It's an easy Google search. Allpredatorcalls.com has them on sale. All the best!
I'll check that out also. I'm always looking for that "better mouse trap" you might say!

I have Harris Bipod on my gun now, but also have used Shooting Stix. The bi-pod are nice because they are on the gun at all time. The stix work better if your ground is uneven or sitting on a hillside shooting down. They both have there plus and minus.

Originally Posted By: Lodgepole Snowshoes Is yours clipped on the sling stud ?
No it's not attached.
They are good for most situations but not if setting up on pure ice. It's those times that I need to use my Harris bi-pod as the attached bi-pod legs doesn't want to slip out in various directions.

Back