Corn cob media in the tumbler

Plant One, I meant 500. I keep my brass in lots of 50, just because that’s what an ammo box holds. I may have 3 or 4 lots for a rifle.

I just have the same little Lyman tumbler I started with. It will do 100 22-250 cases when full.

I feel like I shoot a lot. I looked when you posted that, and I’ve fired just over 1600 documented rounds (keeping track of barrel life and cleaning) through just two of my rifles since July. Plus a lot of AR stuff, which I don’t reload.

So, I guess I don’t really use that much media. I can fill my tumbler 5 times with a $12 jug.... comes out to about $72 over the life of a rifle barrel. I hardly think that’s too much.

I do run a drier sheet through it after about 3 rounds, and chunk it after 5. Actually, sometimes I chunk a drier sheet in new media because I feel like it keeps the dust down.

Well aware I probably change it too much, but why not for less than $3?

fair enough - i was just stunned by how frequently you swap your media.

just seems excessive to me is all, as most would probably get quite a bit more life out of it.

i guess i just dont want some newbie to stumble upon this thread and think they *need* to swap it that often i guess.

Nothing wrong with a higher than normal media replacement if you're willing to bear the cost burden
smile.gif

i too run dryer sheets to keep dust and such down, but i put one in with every batch, sometimes half way thru i'll swap too if the brass was extra dirty going 1n.

I change the oil in my 1998 Toyota fore runner with 289k Miles on it about every 12 to 15 k miles. I change my tumbler media about the same time. Both work good.

JUST MY Opinion

Dave

Back