I bet you've not seen...

orkan

... one of these.

Walther Running Boar 500. The most unique rimfire among my collection. A recent acquisition, and one that has provided me with hours of enjoyment already.

QwpzTrQh.jpg

nPZXiTYh.jpg

wpf44fph.jpg

It's a stunner in the looks department, and will shoot right with any of my annies.

oiGSbxE.jpg

The trigger is solid competition to the 5018 in my 54.18 anschutz rifles. Insanely clean breaking, nice and light. It is a bit different in setup, which is kind of neat in its own right. It can be setup as a single stage, or a quasi-two stage. It's a bit difficult to describe, as you can set it up as a single stage, or you can introduce "travel" before you break the single stage. This pre-travel is not creep, but rather slack in the trigger before it breaks. If you dial the pre-travel screw all the way down, it will behave as a normal single stage. The pull weight screw only seems to adjust the pre-travel, so if you have it setup as a single stage, its about an 8oz trigger. If you set it up with pre-travel, and have the pull weight all the way up, you'll take up the first stage and because the pull weight matches the force required to break it, it will just fire. Quite interesting. If you reduce the pull weight, you can feel the second stage, just barely.

I've had quite a lot of fun researching and learning about this rifle. They are so wildly rare, but luckily walther used many of the same parts on other more widely known rifles. It is certainly a unique configuration however. I normally outfit my coveted rimfires with high end variables such as S&B's, but for this one I decided to use a Weaver T6 fixed 6x with a super-fine x-hair with a target dot. Quite a lot of fun, and quite different than what I'm accustomed to. ... which is probably why it's fun.

Any of you have one? Ever even seen one?

Wow. That thing gave me more wood than it has! Sure a nice acquisition right there. Well done very much.

Not too late to put me in your will, dear friend!
smile.gif

I don't have a clue what that thing is but it looks cool as hel so you get two thumbs up from me!
thumbup.gif

Originally Posted By: brdeanoVery cool!!! I for one would love to see some more pics of your annie's

I sold this one today.
RMDKHcKh.jpg

I'm selling this one:
https://forums.gunhive.com/topic/1841/anschutz-match-54-w-aperture-sights-1500/6
FsZu1R6h.jpg

I'll never sell these however:

54.18 MSR
bywRtcRh.jpg

54.18 MS L
CGE8Df9h.jpg

A 54.30 and a 1727 fortner are in my future.
smile.gif

As you can tell, I'm a bit of a rimfire fanatic. I'm also selling a win52D, 2 martini's, and a hammerli free pistol w/martini action. 30'some rimfire rifles is just too many, so it was time to thin the herd.
wink.gif

Thanks for sharing those! The only Anshutz I've ever gotten to play with was a 64mpr a buddy of a buddy was selling. I shot it and loved it but didn't have the cash back then to buy it.

What martini. I need a mkiv 29 inch heavy barrel. Tube front, redfield palma rear. Unertl blocks would be a bonus.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: sandy hicksWhat martini. I need a mkiv 29 inch heavy barrel. Tube front, redfield palma rear. Unertl blocks would be a bonus.

I have this one for sale...
0LNov3mh.jpg

JAaWTRmh.jpg

MXEQkSTh.jpg

UKWVfR0h.jpg

u4mVCGHh.jpg

... and this one.
hWH2OlXh.jpg

q733jxrh.jpg

yVEkfeTh.jpg

8A4nG46h.jpg

tmB3SXgh.jpg

vDCWGPEh.jpg

DOxzJfch.jpg

guKZjZjh.jpg

agM5XzNh.jpg

Since this is turning into a rimfire extravaganza, ... here's some of my other fun pieces.

Remington 40X B. Factory original matching serials. "thinking about selling this one"
ZMoGdheh.jpg

Remington 40X B. Custom repeater.
e1cqQEfh.jpg

Remington 40X B.
Prpbt1lh.jpg

Remington 40 w/ 6x Unertl. This is one of the first thousand ever made. Shoots crazy good.
409OWOlh.jpg

I have about 5 more 40X's in various states of undress.
wink.gif

Sako Quad / Lilja 17HMR
afyzpYjh.jpg

Martini MKIII w/ 16x programmer
zmPokXKh.jpg

Martini MKII. Just waiting on the right unertl.
wink.gif

xKS87JBh.jpg

I saw that over on your post. Really nice little rifles. I let one go years ago and have regretted it every since. That 513 was nice also. I had one of those after the martini.

Back