A weekend of misses

Snowshoes

Nine shots at seven coyotes (some were close too) and only one to show for my efforts.
Rushing shots that need not be rushed, misjudged distances, moved when I shouldn't have and so on! Need to get my head back into the game lol

That would be the same comment on my first two hunts this year. Much less than results than I would have liked under pretty good conditions! I drove home and talked it out, alone. I left it as too much anticipation. We've all had those points where we can only shake our heads. All good,love your posts. Kinda like almost being there.

I think that just about here would love to be able to see the number of animals you shoot, would be happy as could be with 1/2 of what you normal get. We are just glad that you take the time to bring other along on your hunts with your great pictures and stories, thanks.

So,.... You REALLY did suck?

Had a trip like that a month ago in Montana. Called in a sheet- pile but I forgot how to shoot
tongue.gif

Good to see you back and posting!

We all have are moments. Anyone who says they don't miss has never shot at any.

Missed one I called in few weeks ago at 55 yards. Mind you he was running (right over the call) could not get him stopped. I don't do well on moving coyotes but there's always another day.

Good luck and keep the posts coming.

Thank you all for the replies & comments. It seems we all have those "moments" when out hunting at some point. It's an annual thing for me!
smile.gif

Dang it all to hades!!! All these pictures of snow are making me as jealous as the girl that wanted to be prom queen.

Down here in Minnesota it reached 60 degrees yesterday. Full moon is in a couple days, I may have to strip naked and do my mystical snow dance again attempting to get a snow storm down here....

It happens. A couple weeks back a fox was sitting in field about 300 yards out and due to the lay of the land I couldn't get a rest. After missing the fox four times and him not even moving I gave up

Originally Posted By: Rock KnockerDang it all to hades!!! All these pictures of snow are making me as jealous as the girl that wanted to be prom queen.

Down here in Minnesota it reached 60 degrees yesterday. Full moon is in a couple days, I may have to strip naked and do my mystical snow dance again attempting to get a snow storm down here....
Its a good thing we have snow here
smile.gif
if I had to do the mystical snow dance, I'm sure the coyotes would learn how to put their paws over their eyes! lol

Originally Posted By: Sask trapperIt happens. A couple weeks back a fox was sitting in field about 300 yards out and due to the lay of the land I couldn't get a rest. After missing the fox four times and him not even moving I gave up
Nothing like a fox that taunts you, lol

Back