17 fireball or 17 Remington uppers?

take a long hard look at a 17-223 upper. Then you can use cheap 223 brass to reload. That way when you loose some of the brass you won't be pissed off. I have one that I have been playing with for a while and so far I have seen some good results. Brass is easy to make.

Can you even find new 17 fireball brass? I just checked midway USA and precision reloading and neither one even lists it.

I prefer the 17 Remington because I can fet factory ammunition easier. But if you handload the others are good performers.

We chamber .17 Remington, .17 Tactical and .17/.223. The .17/223 has become very popular as of late. I have had a few requests for the 17 Fireball, but I’m not sure what would have to be done to the magazines to keep the shells from moving back and forth, so I’ve just declined to build them so-far.

I've made no modifications to any of my magazines and the 17 FB functions very well with up to five rounds in them.. Haven't hand the urge to do a mag dump but did have a trigger malfunction once and dumped three faster than it was supposed to. That was all in the gi mag or they may have all gone down range.. Just make sure all cases are as far back in the mag as possible, slap your helmet style.

To the original poster, if the 17Fireball is something you want, its not that complicated to make your own brass. 221 brass sized down or start from scratch with 223, neck split 204, 17 Rem or 222.

Last edited:
Back