Glass and rifle

coyotejunkie719

Well I pulled the trigger on glass. Got the VX2 4-12x40. I picked up a ruger american predator 22-250 for black Friday. Hope I made the right decision on glass. Any thoughts?

that vxII should serve you pretty well for most stuff
smile.gif

you'll appreciate it in low light conditions, thats for sure.

they're a nice optic for the $

I would say you you did very well picking out that VX2. I still remember around here when everybody were shooting Weaver K4s and a few K6s with the bigger objectives. A Leupold was considered to be a rich mans scope, my how we have all become so spoiled. I just bought that same VX2 and I’m really liking it.

Originally Posted By: McGraw A Leupold was considered to be a rich mans scope, my how we have all become so spoiled.

Man are you right.....

Nothing wrong with those VX 2's. Bunch of em out there..... 6-18x40 AO with target turrets on my 17 Fur Ball and it shoots one hole when I do my part.

Just sayin......

Last edited:
i'd say a leupy was considered a rich man's scope back in the day - because you could get a serviceable, dependable, optic for around $100 or even less back then.

noadays if you buy a $100 optic, you're usually buying a $100 headache.

so now that serviceable, dependable optics start around $200 or so, might as well pony up a few extra peso's and buy something nice if you're gonna plunk down for a good long term optic.

Thank for the replies. The scope came in and I got it mounted up with warne rings. Very impressed with the clarity and light it brings in. I would say its better than my vortex viper pst(clarity wise). Need to play with the eye relief a little bit more and head to the range this weekend then off to set up a stand!

Coyotejunkie, that rifle and scope looks good. I bet that Ruger barrel will be a shooter! Just by looking at the pic, it might look a little more balanced if that front ring was moved forward a couple of notches on the rail and the scope moved forward a inch and a half or so. But of course it’s got to fit your own personal eye at high power and I’m just thinking out loud.

McGraw thanks for the advice, I havent shot it much but have noticed this ruger american predator is very different compared to my other rifles as far as getting a solid cheek weld, I may try moving it forward a little and see what happens. The VX2 is also a very small scope. I have added a beartooth cheek riser and seemed to help. So far getting sub moa groups with 50gr v max will try different loads here in the near future...

Back