Chokes for hevi metal BBB

TxPigKiller

Going to be using Hevi metal BBB for goose hunt the year and I've read you shouldn't put BBB through a full choke. I didn't think you should use a full choke for ANY steel shot. Is that referring to a lead mod choke as a steel full or does it refer to an actual lead full choke?
This is more complicated than the smart phone I have to give to my 11 year old to answer!!!!

No matter how Chokes are labeled it's the actual 'constriction' that matters. This referrers to 'lead mod' or 'steel mod'. I like to know the actual numbers, some list diameters right on the choke. There can also be a relationship when one takes into account 'bore diameter'('back-bored') to the choke construction. I would be slightly more open with steel shot or the larger buckshot, compared to most full Chokes. Even 'full chokes' vary, past turkey Chokes to 'card shooting'.

Some of the choke sites have tutorials that go over details & give recommendations. One can also call a Co and get a real person to talk to. Over the years I've been partial to 'Trulock Chokes', but there are plenty of other fine choices out there.

Trulock has a code that ends tonight for 25% off, free shipping over $50, no code required.

I called Hevi Shot and talked to their guy. He said heavy metal can be used thru lead chokes and that the warning for BBB was to use a lead mod. I was already using it to shot ducks, so no worries.

Back