First coyote of our season (Ohio)

Galen

We decided to make a few stands on Thanksgiving eve and managed to get some dogs within range on our second set of the night

We got within 40 yards from where we had planned to set-up and had some dogs light up about 600 yards out, I snuck out a ways and placed the call around 60 yrds from our position.. Got back and I played a Female lone howl on the fusion gave it about 7 mins and played Rat distress for around 2 mins and then shut the call off again .. It seemed that out of nowhere we had dogs on us.. Had two of them right on the call and 2 more about 30 yrds further behind

Long story short we had one guy on the gun and four dogs on us, My friend got 2 shots off and we couldn't find a dead dog.. He felt confident in his shots so we checked the setup during the day and found his dog in some tall brown grass... He only made it about 40 yards but when its dark it seems like mission impossible

We set a Goal for 10 coyotes this season so hopefully our luck continues!

1891.jpg

1890.jpg

1889.jpg

Yes sir he had a very reddish tint on him, definitely a younger dog but it’s still a coyote right?

And I’ll keep on working my way to 10 and if we reach it we definitely wouldn’t mind shooting 12 of them
thumbup.gif

Back