22 suppressor

ksduckhntr

I shot a silencerco sparrow II, which is what I was told. It was extremely quiet and light weight. Now I want a dedicated 22 can. I am trying to find a list of suppressors that can be disassembled and is rated for 22mag. Any advice from someone who owns a can like what I have described?

It sounds to me like you have answered your own question. I have a Sparrow and love it as my .22LR can but it is rated up to a 22Hornet.

I will be buying another Sparrow soon and my opinion that is your best option.

The two most popular magnum rated rimfire suppressors I've seen are the SilencerCo Spectre and Dead Air Mask. I have a Spectre and love it on my 10/22 and CZ 455 Varmint .17 HMR.

TBAC 22 Takedown, Dead Air Mask, Spectre II, those would be my top three choices for a dedicated rimfire can and in that order.

I have this ruger-silent-sr 22 can. Got it when they first came out.
It's quite, easy to clean & do recommend it as an option for 22 WMR.
Its now on my Ruger American 22 WMR and had been on my buckmark 22LR.

I have a spectre II and love it plus its rated for a 22 hornet and has the least amount of "first round pop" of any can ive been around

I have a YHM Stinger, it's built tough and seems to work great but I don't have any to compare it to. The dealer told me it's rated for the Hornets but I can't find that in any of their literature.

I love my DA Mask. It's rated for everything up to the 5.7, so the .17's and .22 Hornet are good to go. When firing subs on my Marlin 880SS, my buddy said it's quieter than a pellet gun and the dry fire is louder than the gun going off.

I have the AAC Element and it's one of the quietest I've heard on a pistol. On a rifle I'm less impressed, even with subsonics. Now through with a .17HMR it's literally stupid quiet, like quieter than a pellet gun or even an airsoft gun. lol

I have both a Sparrow II and a Spectre II. For some reason on my rifles, the Sparrow is quieter. On my only threaded pistol, the Spectre is quieter. Sparrow is monocore, Spectre is cups. Both are magnum rated. I would say I give a slight edge to the Sparrow, but that could just be because I shoot more rifle suppressed.

..SWEET..
thumbup.gif

Silencerco Sparrow and 22LR , CCI Sub-sonic Hollow Point pills.
sorry my pic is upside down , can't seem to correct it, thx to Tinypic.
But you still get the Idea.
X-Ring 10/22, 16" Tac-Solution Barrel with Pinned Suppressor Shroud.
An Old 3.5-10 EFR Leupold, Duplex.
No name Cheap-Azz Adjustable Stock. Works Fine Though.

2ij17kp.jpg

Last edited:
Back