$350 AR15's

pyscodog

Big gun show this week end in Tulsa. One vendor was selling complete AR's for $350.00. I don't think I have ever seen them this cheap. I couldn't get close enough to see what kind they were but doubt they were very good quality.

I bet they were deltons or ATI they have been going around that price on grab a gun for a while now. I got five deltons around that price for guys at work and they love them for a first AR. and grab a gun charges $7.99 flat rate shipping.

ATI does not really impress me much and I would take delton over them any day.

Actually let's say 3, assuming we get a Democrat in the next election
smile.gif

Next democrat will net you 2 for 1, minimum. I watched a guy order a whole pallet of sks rifles for 39 bucks each before the first clinton took office. The last one he had sold for 250.

Originally Posted By: sandy hicksNext democrat will net you 2 for 1, minimum. I watched a guy order a whole pallet of sks rifles for 39 bucks each before the first clinton took office. The last one he had sold for 250.

ahhh god if we only knew then what we know now....

i'd have crates of the [beeep] things on standby, and pallets of 7.62x39, 7.62x51 and 5.56 ammo on stash

But here's the thing. You do know. It wasn't that long ago the cheapest AR you could find went for over a grand. We will have another Democrat president, they will talk of gun bans, prices will jump. It will happen, it's not an if, it's a when.

Prices were climbing again at the threat of hillary, think what they would have gotten to if she was elected.

I had high cap glock mags before b clinton, bought at $20 each, sold for over 100, then could be replaced for $20.

It's like real estate, which is my current profession (IN FLORIDA IF ANYONE NEEDS A BROKER
smile.gif
)

Real estate always booms and busts, and it's always getting more expensive. Fortunes are made every time it busts, if you plan ahead. My current house, we bought or a year ago for 240, worth about 325 and climbing now. If I had been down here in 2012, could have gotten it for 160 and been in an even better place. But I was in WY when rock bottom hit here.

Patience and planning ahead, there is money to be made. At 350 a gun, it would be a matter of how much money do I have, not do I need it and how good is it.

The only correct answer to my 1.05 question is EVERY PENNY I HAVE.
smile.gif

I picked up a couple of these cheap kits. For a total of $335 in the gun with a $50 stripped lower. Only draw back was the cheap steel gas blocks that come with them, they leak and cause short stroking. $15gb from ebay and they run great for a cheap gun.

https://22mods4all.com

Originally Posted By: Widow maker 223I picked up a couple of these cheap kits. For a total of $335 in the gun with a $50 stripped lower. Only draw back was the cheap steel gas blocks that come with them, they leak and cause short stroking. $15gb from ebay and they run great for a cheap gun.

https://22mods4all.com

Very cool, thanks for the link, I might add one of these to my Christmas shopping list.

Depending on how much disposable income you have, you might consider grabbing one or two and setting them in the safe (in the box). Like already said, within 2 elections we WILL have another democrat president and there will most likely be a shooting during their presidency. That will push another gun scare and I would bet that you will get 150% return. If not and the situation arises, you have a cheapo AR to use at the range. Or somewhere down the line you will most likely run into someone who says "I'd sure like to have an AR". I'm not sure they will go much lower than $350. maybe you could hit a great sale and rebate and get one for around $300.

It's the same way with ammo. Buy all the cheap ammo you can now when you see a good sale. It won't get much cheaper, and it doesn't go bad if you store it correctly. Not a doomsday warning, just for resale or personal use in 8-10 years when we are paying $30 a box for 223 target ammo and $15 for .22's.

Guns and ammo is a better bet than the stock market IMO.

Brownells had Anderson optics ready ar carbines for $330 the other day. By the time I had found it they had stopped shipping. I have had good luck with Del-Tons and have seen them for $350 also.

Things still don't seem to be moving very fast at these prices. If distributors, manufacturers and retailers are still-overstocked after christmas, could they possibly go lower? I doubt it, unless they are way overstocked and need to liquidate at a loss. I didn't think we'd see complete guns under $500. This is better than the less than $100 sks days by far, or $50 Mosins.

One of the gun stores up here in the Minot ND area sells some ARs that they build for $425 after tax if you pay with cash. This includes a p-mag and if i'm not mistaken it used to include a box of their reloads as well. not sure if it still includes the ammo [beeep]. nodakarms.com

They are good folks who know their stuff when it comes to ARs

Back