Looking for gun safe recommendations.

Originally Posted By: the noobieOriginally Posted By: 223spyderThe rods allowed me to fit a couple more guns in the safe then with the shelves that came with the safe. A easy way to move your safe and not mark up the floor is simple PVC pipes. Cut to the size of the safe and put about ten inches in front of each other. Works like a charm even with heavy safes.

Helped my father move his safe 4 times now. We are pros with the PVC.
thumbup1.gif

pvc is the ticket. we've used that a few times.

doesnt do much on the stairs [beeep]
smirk.gif
grin.gif

Quote:doesnt do much on the stairs [beeep] smirk grin

Don't need it on the stairs unless trying to go UP.
grin.gif

Regards,
hm

i dunno why it censored that.. i typed Though short as t h o ? go figure

Originally Posted By: hm1996

grin.gif

Regards,
hm

lol IKR? hahaha!

Originally Posted By: Plant.Onei dunno why it censored that.. i typed Though short as t h o ? go figure

Originally Posted By: hm1996

grin.gif

Regards,
hm

lol IKR? hahaha!

Initials of an infamous banned member. I'll type his full name with spaces. T H E
H U N T E D O N E

Thanks all, ended up getting a 24 gun Winchester safe at Tractor supply. not the nicest or the fanciest but for now it will work untill I can get into my own home and buy the liberty that was the size of my apartments bathroom.
tongue_smilie.gif

Originally Posted By: the noobieThanks all, ended up getting a 24 gun Winchester safe at Tractor supply. not the nicest or the fanciest but for now it will work untill I can get into my own home and buy the liberty that was the size of my apartments bathroom.
tongue_smilie.gif

Excellent!!
thumbup1.gif

Concerning the every other slot problem with bolt actions. Take the bolt out or open the action so the bolt is just hanging there. I use every slot on mine by doing this.

WHEN I BOUGHT MY SAFE YEARS AGO THEIR WAS ONLY ONE MANUFATCUR IN AMERICA PRO STEEL OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT . THEY MADE SAFES FOR EVER BODY MOSTLY BELL WHISTLES NAME BRAND IS WHAT YOU PAY HIGH PRICES FOR. DO THE RESEARCH IT WILL SAVE YOU A LOT OF MONEY.

Never, never buy a Cannon with electronic entry!! No matter how big,fancy,or marked down half price, forth keypad just failed with 2 heirloom rifles i was planning to give my boys for X-mas. There Ganddad wanted them to have. Sadly we lost my dadhere a couple months ago. Don't see that happening. Just say no to CANNON SAFES!

I realize I’m a little late to the conversation here, but after reading through the comments, I was surprised to see that Sturdy Safe Co. was not mentioned..... I went through the “best gun safe buying ordeal” and spent a lot of time trying to find the best value for my pitiful supply of expendable dollars. I ended up with a 27”x 23”x 60” “blemished” Sturdy Safe, slightly upgraded to 4g plate body and 3/8” door(I still have no idea why it was a blemish.) It is a beast, at over 700 pounds for a relatively small gun safe, and I’m very happy with it. There is absolutely no way you could get into that safe without cutting it apart. It was more than I initially wanted to spend, but I’m glad I went for it. Look at the way they test these things.... you can tell they believe in their product.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aGTFL4mXP5I

Back